Name the most terrifying moment in your life so far? Have you recovered from it?

since you guys shared your stories with me... here's mine:

Sometimes i would have a string of dreams over the course of 3 days. It always involved something bad with me or something happening to someone i knew. I would always wake up sweaty and blankets everywhere and not remembering the exact dream sometimes but would understand the gist of it. It always bothered me because a dream can be so hard to separate from reality. When you are in that zone and you think you can control it...
instead it controls you. You go through horrible things that you don't want to. Always wanting to wake up but can't until its done with you. It sucks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I remember the doctor coming in telling me my son was slowly dying. I eventually had a miscarriage the next morning... I was in a hospital robe... bleeding. That was seriously the most horrible terrifying thing that's ever happened to me. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It still all plays in my head, when I remember.

• :'( thats sad

• I know. He would have been one in February. I think about him from time to time. But I have my little baby girl now she's two months now :)

• I'm so sorry to hear that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a form of mild bipolar and sometimes I get when I don't feel in control - At its most extreme it is when my brain goes hypermanic and overloads - For a short time it is like my brain can't function or process things, even simple things like where I am or what I am doing - It usually happens in between sleep and waking up, for those minutes it is hell and very frightening.
    There are other elements in the bipolar that are uncomfortable but for Fear Factor episodes it is those "Overload" spells as I call them that frighten me the most.

What Girls Said 9

• When I first started having sex (with a condom) every month I would worry myself sick that I was somehow pregnant. I would be bawling my eyes out and skip class just because I felt so horrible.

• It's a tie between seeing my dad almost stab and beat my mom to death when I was 3. Or waking up at night to find my uncles touching me and my sisters. Also when I was like 3 or 4.

Because I care more for my mom, I say nearly losing the one person that I love the most was scary to me. Especially by the hands of the man who promised to always love her and protect her. I don't hate my dad, but I don't love him either.

I went to therapy for this and other events.

I'm pretty sure most people can tell I still have some leftover resentment. I'm not completely recovered. But I'm working on it.

• Not sure...

I tend to find those situations to be awesome (after the event, of course).

They make delightful stories.

There was the time I got trampled by our horses... the time I almost drowned, the time I almost died by mile marker in a car accident...

Maybe my terrifying moment is yet to come.

• when ever one on gag was attacking me!

• When my mum was in a head on collision in the middle of a snow storm on the way to the airport. The call was the most terrifying experience I've ever been through. I will never forget the cold feeling that spread everywhere and the weakness in my knees. I still feel it whenever I think about it.
    Or
    When I ran into the couple that raped and sexually abused me as a child in a supermarket for the first time in a decade. That was a mixture of anger and panic though, not so much terrifying.

• I got chased by two cows.

I have recovered about 2 mins after it was clear the cows were no longer chasing me.

• being sexually harassed by a family member. almost drowning... thrice. no i have not. but I'm working on it. I'm on a swim team and I'm working up the courage to talk to that person. to get closure. i don't even think he remembers. he has a pretty good life. don't want to screw it up. especially because he's in love.

• My former neighbor's two Golden Retrievers growling at me and getting in such a defending mode as if wanting to attack me. Their owner eventually called them and they followed her.

• 7th grade. Mom got the West Nile virus. Thought I was going to lose her.

Yes, I've recovered.

What Guys Said 10

• In my case they're moments. I have seen several housefires (not in my house tho thanks god!) and i have had a had a trauma when i was 13 -14. I went paranoia checking the house was safe and such.

Now i recovered from the trauma but i will always be afraid of fire and i will always make sure i am living in the most secure way possible.

• When the police officer sat my mother down and informed her that my father is dead.

You can never recover from that. A scar will always remain.

• Probably when I was riding on my bicycle and a car cut me off, someone stuck a handgun out the window and said: "Don't move."

But instead of letting myself get mugged, I biked away. I heard the car turn behind me and heard the engine rev up. I was terrified I'd get shot or run over, but by the time the car caught up, I had made it to a bigger street with witnesses.

• Waking up in the middle of nowhere seeing my ex with another man. Fuck yeah I recovered it lol now im hard as a rock

• I was attacked and beaten by a group of 3 young men. I learned how to fight properly from my cousins in USMC, and my grandpa taught me how to shoot. I was hospitalized for 5 days and I have mentally recovered.

• Hah, sorry anonymous posts not allowed, so I'm not telling :p

• Wimp why u weak bro did u have to jad sugery on your balls my friend have had to do that

• @Joeman1252 I dont know though. I was already sick I think, but watching a video that I usually wouldn't have thought to be stressfull ended up being... I had goosebumps everywhere, my nerves all thoughoutmy body were going crazy. I was clawing at my forearms to make it go away and had streaks on my arms for days because of it. My heart beats per minute were so high, that I dont really want to know what it was. 300-400+ beats mer minute, maybe I'm over-exaggerating, but then again, maybe not.

-I've been trying to forget it.

• So far... almost getting run over by a car I think. I touched the car when I ran across the road to get a ball. this was when i was about 10 or something close to that. The car drifted to a stop as well, and the driver was just so shocked

• Almost dyinf from getting choked by the most yummiest but meanist evilest food. its mean and evil bcause it got stuck in my throat and I had to pull it out and that evil thing was an ONION RING

I LIKE CAPS

• Being on the toilet and running out of toilet paper... still get nightmares to this day!

• When my uncle died in my house we all saw it. No I'm not over it it was fucking terrible