Has gag affected your view on society as a whole? If yes, was it for the better or worse?

• Yes. Changed for the better.
  • Yes. Changed for the worse.
  • No. My views have remained the same.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, I never seen or heard of some of the issues like this "gender war", feminazis, MGTOW, etc. in real life before so I take it all in with a grain of salt

• This is true...

• My area is a little hoodish, not too much just a little lol, for this site to affect my view that much so I just stay in the stands when it comes these issues

• Yeah I suppose. Different perspectives and life experiences will have different effects with this site.

What Guys Said 24

• Ehh the people on here don't really represent the people I encounter in real life.
    Women here are extremely sensitive, sexist, and entitled.
    Men are bitter and sexist.

Yeah, there are many who don't fit that description, but majority do, and that's not the type of men and women I encounter in real life.
    So GAG hasn't really changed my view, though it did open me up to a new kind of people who aren't exactly the best xD

• Yea, it has. Although this was something I already knew, GAG had reinforced my belief that for most people today, life is all about sex, and its' like they just live to fuck. The value for human emotions and emotional bonding, is at it's lowest.

• My view on society has only worsened and I am convinced more then ever that a lot of people here are woefully ignorant among things.

• I've always held the belief that the internet is full of weak, dorky, losery people, and GaG is no exception. This place is pretty much the central hub for tumblr feminists, nice guys, and manginas, so the amount of female ass kissing and questions revolving around social awkwardness doesn't exactly surprise me.

I haven't run into even half the amount of BS that's present here in real life, so thinking that the world actually operates the way the internet does would be asinine.

• Sort of. It hasn't changed my views, but it has provided some significant evidence and weight to certain assumptions and theories, most of which I would rather not discuss in detail.
    It has overwhelmingly proven to me that people are fundamentally fearful decietful creatures... and we mostly do it for fear of judgement... and that if people actually communicated once in a while there would be a good bit less conflict and insanity (especially in terms of romantic relationships).

• It's confirmed for me that we live in a generally alienating society without, for most people, warm friendship ties, or even warm FAMILY ties in many cases.

So many examples, you see this in most serious questions asked here, and certainly in the answers.

• And such general cowardice, people won't even use their $%$ AVATAR most of the time, are usually anomymous and/or have a private profile!

• I have done the full range here - There was a time my views at the start changed for the worse but I have matured on the site and moved towards being a better person on reflection of my time online.

• No, I do wish certain social groups were more well represented on gag and other groups would, just disappear lol.

• GaG makes me realize that so many guys have little to no success with girls, and how girls don't have it super easy when it comes to dating.

• Views stayed the same really, GaG has made me realise how creepy and perverted some guys really are online...

• For the better mostly! I also asked some quite sensitive questions about myself (problems i have) and i must say that i had positive feedback wich made me feel more confident in myself. It also made me realize not everyone is a bad person and that it just depends where you are. I'm positive :)

• i've realized that for some reason people seem to really be upset about feminism. some of it somewhat justified but most of it seems baseless

• I thought negatively about society when I arrived and I still think negatively about society now that I am here.

• G@G surely has affected my views, I cannot tell for the better or for the worse, but I can tell that it hasn't affected me much.

• Not changed my view as a whole, but it has a little bit some for the worse and some for the better.

• I'd say i view some things differently, then before, cause it's good to know there are like mindend people in both genders.

• It's certainly proven to me that you should always question your own beliefs if there is any reason to believe that those beliefs are not actually your own.

Religions, cultural beliefs, things you've learned to take for granted. Elements of behavior, the way the world works, the way people act around you, the way you think people think. All of it is questionable if they aren't your own conclusions. Or maybe your own conclusions are based on dogma that you cannot verify.

In the end, I've learned that I should be vigilant regarding trusting people if they make claims that they have no means of supporting beyond "that's just how it is", or "that's how it is in the Bible/Quran".

Claims like these... Women like wearing pink and buying shoes, men shouldn't wear skirts. Why? Women suck at driving, men are more inclined to be violent because they were "cavemen hunters". Why? Women were designed to submit to their husband. Why? Women love flowers and being treated like the princesses that they are. Why?

What are you basing that on? How can you actually verify that this is biologically predetermined? Are you sure you're not just being sexist? Are you sure that what you are saying is coherent and reasonable? Are you sure you aren't just applying dogmatic stereotypes to people, or asserting views that "this is how things are" that you think you've learned and verified but isn't actually a universal truth?

We should not trust our own beliefs. We should always be vigilant to see if we're just parroting what culture shoved down our throats. Society is a few steps behind because of the people who rigidly follow rule-sets that keep them behind, rendering them unable to improve their relations with themselves and others on a social, emotional, cultural, cognitive level.

• no it hasn't really changed anything even though some stuff has surprised me

• no it only confirmed it

• Nope.
    Everything is exactly as I expected.

• It's basically convinced me that people of both sexes are immature scum.

• Yes... But it only made it worse. I have nothing positive to say.

• Yes. Changed for the worse.
    in my opinion 95% of GAG users are rude. So now I think most people in society are rude.

• Yeah. I didn't realize people hide so much. Like online you get to see how people really feel about stuff. At the same time though GAG attracts a certain kind of people so it might not be totally accurate.

What Girls Said 16

• Gag has allowed me to have an insight into the minds of other random human beings, that I would not have had otherwise.

I cannot say it is for the better though, in that I am more open now to the fact that people can be very mean and hurtful to other random people based on the fact that their own opinions differ from the other random people's. I'm not saying I have not seen kind, good people on GAG but the majority of comments here make me cringe.

I previously had the opinion that every person has some good in them but now I believe that I also know to never underestimate how cruel people can be behind closed doors.

• Slightly worse. Sometimes I feel my faith in humanity dropping fast.

• Yes it change me to believe we all have flaws and anything is possible!

• It hasn't really changed my view other than making me realize that there is a certain cross-section of society who is more likely to join GaG than others.

• I wouldn't let this site affect what I believe in society especially since I can't take the small number of people on this site and stupidly extrapolate it to represent billions of people.

It did let me know that there are a lot more whiny and pathetic dudes than I ever thought possible. So it's helped me become a bit more... realistic.

• My views on society have slightly worsened since coming on here. This however makes me appreciate how different people are. If everyone was the same and thought the same way we'd be screwed completely.

• Nah, it hasn't changed my views of others.

• It didn't change my views lol

• Yes good...

• Nope society is still as fucked up as it was when I first joined GAG.

• nothing on here would ever matter that much to me.

• nope. some people are assholes, some people are stupid, some are cool.

• GAGis one of the most miserable places I'veever hung out. Most of us are muddled, angry, confused, depressed, anxious and what-have-you. Then, too many people take it as a sign that the whole world is like this nasty place. There are posters here that have genuinely worried me with their opinions and outlook.

But the wonderful gems of hopeful, helpful people full of empathy & kindness make it worth your while if you keep it in perspective that we aren't the norm around here.

• Honestly it has not give me a great view on western mostly white men specifically, who complain about women so much it is sad as fuck. I understand that everyone has different life experiences but damn the fat/curvy bashing thing which mostly comes from men is so weird to me.
    Then the obsession with a woman's sexual history and a woman's 'value' so many sexist opinions it is too much to detail.
    funny thing is the few white men i have met in person were so much fun and very open minded. smh
    Also women on this site are sooo insecure aka those who say no guys ask them out on dates etc. like if they have no mouths and initiative to talk to a man themselves wtf.

• I'd say worse. There are still things I don't know (yes, even at my age) I still get nasty comments about how I should know things. So I don't ask anymore.

• I was a feminist before coming here, seeing the sexist things people write only made me more of a feminist.