Moderators, what are the most common reasons you hide posts for?

In my case it's simple: 80% or more is either offensive or antagonistic.
From time to time there's a member post or a grammatical graveyard but those are rare!
What is also rare is the need to change the subject for sexual questions. It's almost always correct (or someone is much faster than me :D ).

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• Antagonistic and offensive. Nonsense (/trolling) takes third place. I've hidden some explicit posts too. I've seen a couple of self-harm posts that I didn't know what to do with, though. They don't exactly fall under suicidal tendencies, so. :/ I think we should get another option for self-harm, since self-harming isn't always suicidal.

• In some cases it may be better that people can talk about their self harm tendencies... talking about something is a way of leaving it behind you :D

• Such things should preferably be discussed with a therapist though, I doubt anyone on here is really that qualified and it would be a shame if someone encouraged someone else to do something harmful. That's the kind of thing I was going for mainly.

• There you have a point. We can't really help and my first advise would also be: seek help!
      The only occasions on which I self harm is when I'm clumsy :-(
      And I am clumsy... like most guys haha!

• Usually antagonistic or offensive for me, or duplicate if I've seen something for the third time within an hour span or so.

• That matches my experience :D
      Duplicate is a reason I've hidden for like 1 or 2 times since I'm a moderator (about 1.5 years).

• I've only been a mod for a month so I'm quite new at it lol

• Welcome on board... and you must be good since in that short time you've made it so supermod already :D

• Spamming
    Antagonistic
    Adult content
    Explicit

• yeah same as you. I've done a few underage and nonsense as well [when it isn't a question].

• mostly explicit/offensive/antagonistic

• Yeah our experiences match! Especially in case of the last 2 I'm always happy they're gone :D

• Those are almost the only 2 reasons I hide anything. That and naked boobies...

• Hans I had no idea you were a Mod?

• Oh yeah, for a long time. And often I'm happy. You know what sort of creepy, offensive and other shocking posts you sometimes read on here.
      I'm happy I can hide those for the admins to check out, before they hurt nice people :D

• I understand.

• I always enjoy the chats a lot, many more will follow :D :D
      For now I need to go, speak to you soon!

What Guys Said 7

• In order of most common to least common my reasons are:

1. Antagonistic
    2. Spamming
    3. Adult content
    4. Nonsense

• Adult content I've never encountered. I mean the sexual "how" questions by minors as described in the supermod manual... maybe you're very quick to hide them before my nose haha :D

• I'm beginning to sense the question that will end up having bad post somewhere within them. I thinkyou are correct in saying most are either offensive or antagonistic. I've had a few spam, nonsense and member posts.

• Yeah, that's my technique too. Looking at the most recent new questions, and looking at the live feed. Common sense directs me to where I need to be :D

• Ah yes, gender war questions tend to be like a treasure island. I think the most comments/opinions I've hidden in a row on only one question was just under 10. Nearly filled my monthly quota in only one sweep :D

• @lumos as a mod you only have to do 5 in a month I think... 10 is for supermods and a ubermod needs to hide at least 20.
      I really need to like for posts that need moderation. Simply hiding those I accidentally encounter would not do the job.

• my most common removals have to do with posts that would be classified as antagonistic... which are basically personal attacks

• Usually offensive, antagonistic, explicit and adult content are the reasons I use to hide shit.

• I left being a moderator for exactly that reason:)

• Yeah if you don't enjoy it anymore that's the best decision :D
      I still enjoy it. But you have those times when things get frustrating :o

• I agree. I think most things should be allowed.

• @BelleGirl21 as long as they don't harm anyone, I agree with you!

• Everything they do not agree with. Biased as fuck.

• Can you give an example? Do you mean your posts get hidden and you don't agree?
      Or do you mean some people spill their frustration on here when people give opinions they don't like?
      That's a common problem, unfortunately!

• Explicit as well

• In my case very rarely... but that could be a coindidence or I don't know the trick to find them :D