Why doesn't GAG remove this stupid character minimum?

Sometimes I want to write witty one liners but I have to type in "filler" which sort of ruins it. People are writing one word answers anyways, all it's making us do is writing that one word.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's to discourage xper hunting through one word answers to all the recent questions.

• I understand, but they're just going to type that one extra word.

• That fucking guy...

• He's still around. Every time there's a question about shit, it's him. Skat fetish, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• i very much agree with this

What Girls Said 8

• agreed.
    filler

• I am not sure! I think they increase it! It use to be 1000 but now its 2500!

• Yeah, you don't know what I'm talking about...

• No, if you read what I said it's because I like to write short, witty responses occasionally. God, you are the dumbest person on this website, it's like a 12 year old on your account.

• What? Well thanks! <3 (▰˘◡˘▰)

• I agree. If you want to write a witty response and it's not enough characters, i always do a space and several full stops

...

• I support that.

• A couple years ago, GaG didn't have a character limit.
    But they implemented one, last year I believe, so as to give people more incentive for writing thoughtful opinions instead of 'yes' 'no'. There were some complaints about that.

But I understand where you're coming from.
    In those cases, instead of "filler" I would use symbols like these:
    ^^^ *** /// ----

• It helps keep the anon trolls at bay. lol hahaha

• Then make a space and stop complaining

• It's made in order to prevent spam. Personally speaking, I find nothing wrong with it.

What Guys Said 5

• I really didn't understand your post.

• The minimum character is a move against people just writing yes or no in response to questions.

• Learn to write witty two liners.

That's what I do 😭

• Because they want to eliminate smart-asses and get people to write pointless essays that make the site look like it's for intellectuals.

• I wished they removed the character cap. I got essays to write!