Can somebody explain me why now we need 7000 xper points to get Amazon card?

I remember last time i was here in gag it was 4000 points. Why did they almost double it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because the site is growing, I imagine. More users means more people racking up points, not to mention the people who are willing to waste their time Xper hunting for the sake of the gift cards. In addition to raising the cost of the rewards, they've cut a lot of the amount of points you earn. (MHO used to be 10, then I'm pretty sure it was cut to 5, now it looks like it's 7... Opinions used to be worth 3, now they're worth 1... etc.)

• More users don't necessarily means more people racking up points. If now let's suppose GAG has 20,000 members and before 10,000 it doesn't mean that now I can get more points than before. It depends exclusively in the activity ratio of each individual user. Maybe there are more questions and opinions in the total of sum going on in their server, but each individual will not earn more because of that, because all of these questions and opinions are distributed by all the users

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortuantely there are too many people with no life.. they stay here all day and give two or three word meaningless answers to EVERY question (mostly anonymously, so as not to get noticed for this) and amassing like 100,000 points in maybe a year... then collecting 25 cards, at the old 4000 point level.

There were (still are) severa, I'd say a couple of dozen, such people, and to pay for all those cards, the admin was pretty much forced to take them AWAY from us real answerers by upping the point requirement.

Most of these'point farmers', as they are known here, have left recently; I suspect admin started leaning on them, though I don't know that for a fact.

Maybe that's wishful thinking, because essentially, those clowns were stealing from the rest of us.

• i think these "point farmers" are really not that farmers because they took a lot amount of time to get the amazon cards. They are just people with no lives as you said. But in order to fix a turn around about this 100,000 points, GAG should just allow each user to earn only 1 Amazon Gift Card

• Yes, they answer literally EVERY question asked, with two or three words. Must still take them 10 hours a day~
      Hard to believe, but there were some who did this. As I said, most of them seem to have left recently.

• Thxffor the mHo

What Girls Said 3

• Because it sucks! It use to 5000! Than they change that shit!

• When i was here it was 5000 i was mad when it changed but i understand it

• you must've come back from a break
    it's been that way since this summer

• no i have come back from years ago... by the way i think i remember you here... you used to be a pretty active member here don't u? at least in my questions

• i've been here since apirl 2013. so if you were around back then, i'm pretty sure i saw you. your name does seem vaguely familiar.

• yeah for sure... i think i was causing too much havoc at that time hahah when i look back at my questions right now, i say "serioulsly?" lol

What Guys Said 4

• When I started here it was already 5,000 and that was last Dec. it jumped 2 grand all at once. No idea why it did

• Who cares, it's completely pointless to try and get it, you'd make more working at mcdonalds.

• Its been like that for a long time now.

• I remember when it was only a couple thousand back in the day. It shows that this site is about quantity much more than quality. People post endlessly saying very little but still racking up points.