Do you feel like Internet advice is helping your love life?

Hello! I'm sorry to say this but this will be my last question on 'GAG.' It was an interesting experience. I wrote a few myTakes, got lots of conflicting and contradictory answers to questions, met some people who were less than friendly and some that were friendly. I want to redeem my points to 'feature' this question because, well, why not?

I joined this site because I honestly thought I could learn things from other people - like a researcher would. It has become obvious to me that this site, just like most of the Internet, really isn't great at giving practical advice specific to any individual person (no offense). It's a bit sad actually. I'm sure that in some fundamental way, reading too many "10 signs that..." or "10 things you should do to..." can really damage you if you take them too seriously, but I'm not really sure how.

Ultimately, what scared me most was realizing the false power I had. I could write relationship advice to people without them knowing who I was or what I was like in person. Imagine ME giving relationship advice! I thought to myself, "WOAH, I could spew all of this and no one would ever think that I actually had no idea what I was doing... wait a minute, couldn't anyone else do that too?" Anyway, I ultimately realized that much of Internet advice is nothing more than a diversion. I don't remember any of the probably 50 ridiculous "10 relationship mistakes" articles I've read. I probably read them, laughed a bit, became a bit more self-conscious and forgot all about them. That's maybe what most of the Internet is. A big joke to forget about all this stuff. One of my older friends who's in his late twenties (and IS in a relationship) once called me an idiot for relying so much on the Internet for relationship advice. He was probably right.

Sorry about the negativity. I'm sure you're all great. Good luck :)

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Everything you said is spot on. Still, it's nice to ask questions and get an outsider's point of view sometimes. Nothing is fact, just opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well this site this confirm what we all thought, like for example that us guys have to do the flirting and break the ice and that. 99% of women are too passive.

You can also write your insecurities on this and then see what people think about them or what advice they have. I had positive feedback on my questions..

What Girls Said 3

• Hold up? G@G is awesome ! Also... I am not sure if it change my love life!

• Not at all. lmao hahahaha

• of course not.
    most everything here should be taken with a grain of salt.

What Guys Said 0