What is your opinion of the current state of affairs with GAG?

Some of the GAGers have recently made comments about certain long time GAGers leaving, too much politics on here, complaints about too many mytakes/featured questions etc... I want to know what is your opinion on the current state of GAG?

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it different from when I joined a year ago? Absolutely. Seems to be a lot more hatred here these days. It's losing that "feel-good" feeling that I felt back then. It's like a never ending battle of the bitter ass sexes. Throw in a cup of racism and body shaming and top it with a huge spoonful of popularity contest and voila! That's GaG.

But as I always say, the site is what you make it. So if you choose to focus on that stuff then yeah, your experience here will be shitty.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a lot to improve tbh.

First of all it needs an app for Android wich is free. Now its lagging non stop.

Blocked users should be stay blocked when posting anonymous questions.

Too much pervs on GAG too, i reported a few without me being a moderator so i wonder if the moderators are sleeping or something.

It should be innapropiate to rate people on their looks on the 'How Do I Look' section. That should be forbidden, it also atracts pervs.

There's a lot more to improve..

What Girls Said 12

• I think it has gone down hill a lot in terms of quality since I have been here, it now seems to encourage and promote hatred and discord among people. I think it is becoming a platform for young misogynistic men to voice their opinion and validate their views that women=shit, and that isn't something I like. I've left many times since I joined this site, I have a lot going on personally but I also get very very sick of hearing how much of a piece of shit I am just for being a woman.

As for the Editors, well, it seems if you write regularly then that is the ONLY premise to becoming one, I don't think it's very responsible to have such biased editors. Editors should be writing things of value and interest, not guides on how to deceive evil women into bed, how best to trick people into sleeping with you, or just Takes filled with bile and hate.

I find it a hostile environment, I'm just glad I have found the diamonds in the rough. There are some great people on here amongst the angry wanking masses.

• This site is going downhill, way, way down. Just look at no opinions section, there are questions as old as 10 days still unanswered, when I first joined the questions were answered before you could even snap your fingers. The myTakes also receive much less replies than they used to, not to mention the recent trend of feminism based posts just popping out left and right has really decreased the quality of content on this site.
    Then there are certain individuals on this site, who have basically made it their goal to turn this site into a haven for hatred by leaving aggressive-prejudiced opinions and just plain insults on every take or question they lay their hands on.

• the* no opinions section

• I think that's when I joined...

• I think the pointless updates is what brought that on.

• I'm fine with the way GaG is at the moment tbh. It's always had questions that seem to repeat more often than others, depending on what's happening in our world at the time, or how common the interest in a particular topic is.

to anyone who finds it annoying, trust me it will pass. it always does.

• I think that the site is going downhill. Instead of giving people advice and genuinely trying to help them, there are people who just like to whine and complain and spread hate. Like one user said, it's slowly morphing into a place where mysogyinst men complain about women, and it gets tiring. Also there's a bunch of racist people and fat phobic people. I guess that's the Internet in general though.

• It is what it is. The site features all of that stuff, it's what makes Gag, Gag. For people to complain about a website that shares things (such as listed), well I just find it humorous/ludicrous.

• GAG has changed way too much and doesn't seem to serve its main purpose anymore as it was before :/

• This is the way gag has been for the past year I've been on here, so I don't really have an opinion.

• Lots of weirdos and narcissists here

• As long as I can keep making points I don't give a damn about others

• Omg I swear I was gonna post a question like that! Yup I have been a member since 2013 and I have noticed a lot of changes, some for the better and some for the worse. The layout has become better. But I also feel people on here have generally become less patient and less tolerant in matters of religion, politics and gender!

• I am indifferent!

• Lol it's all cool. people come and go.

What Guys Said 11

• There have always been people unhappy about how it has gone downhill, probably since the day it was created. And people leave because of it. But people also come back, as well as new ones joining. so there always plenty of people on here. And it is impossible to have gotten worse so many times, and yet still attracting people to be here, It just seems to.

Lots of long time GAGers find other interests that take their time. World affairs have gotten more violent bringing in more political thought, along with the US primary candidates being idiots and becoming more popular among many for that stupidity. And there will be people finding fault with any area of questions on here. So... not really a lot has changed.

A lot to like, a lot to hate. If you find yourself seeing too many bad things, I call your attention the last sentence in the opinion written by @Unhappy_Sock

• To be honest. I think GaG is probably the most full of shit web site I've ever been to. I'm sure there are worse, much worse, but I haven't been to them. There is some good stuff here, I wouldn't be here otherwise. But this place has a seriously large amount of total BS. The credibility is going down hill fast.

• Like what sets you off about this place? Just curious

• Just wanted to make sure. :)

• I'm exactly the same, I scan right past anything in yellow, I don't read them at all. Same as the first top two results on Google... I have a built in ad-blocker in my brain, ha!

• I do miss it when GAG was a smaller site because I feel it had a tighter knit community. It was cool when it had a messaging service with chat windows and all that. The service now is a decent substitute but still feels a bit meh to me. They also really feature click bait nowadays to get views which is common when websites get bigger and they start to higher marketing people.

The xper stuff was a lot cheaper back in the day as well. You also made a lot more xper faster. You'd think as the site got larger they would be able to afford it more but it seems to be the opposite. I'm not here for that stuff specifically but it was nice back when they needed to do it to reel in users.

It's kind of like the comfort of a small business versus the more cold efficiency of a large business. It's just the way of business but I am willing to pay a little extra to support a local business because of the charm and the attitude of the staff over a larger business.

• I dunno, I didn't know most of the people who left since I have been here for only one year and one week now. As for topics that I don't like, I just avoid them, gee. Not that hard really.

• I'm worried for the next generation if we all have babies LOOOLLLLLLL jk

• i think the site is as the way it has been for a while now. I've been here for years, and the most change really happened after the site got its upgrade. Since then, its gone through ebbs and flows of greatness and failure, which is largely driven by the community interactions

• It's like any other social website. After a certain time, it does not keep u hooked like before. Eventually u lose interest. I have already left twice and come back.

I will point out one thing however. They have made this site really data heavy. It's a data hog. As a result for people with limited mobile data plans, its a killer.

• I'm just here for girls and gift cards tbh

• ya we can tell when u make a million questions and just pick mho in like 30 seconds lol

• @consultantisback 😂 And I'm actually really happy with this one girl rn I'm mostly about those gift cards now

• def gift cards here too, and its fun online community. good time waster. and i have net addiction probs lol

• I wish political and religious questions would go away.

• Lol why do people take this site so serious? It seem okay to me.

• Ya get what ya pay for in this world, free things, usually equate to shitty things