Do you think polls should show who voted and what poll option they voted for?

After you cast your vote in a poll, you simply hover your mouse over/tap any poll option and a simple drop box will apear displaying every G@Ger who voted for that poll option. a lot of time G@Gers votes in a poll but doesn't actually answer the question.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• No, because then all those abortion polls where I voted "eat it, eat it!" would reveal how terrible a person I am.

What Girls Said 6

• Polls are meant to be anonymous as it helps keep things honest. I also think that bit of extra data on every poll would take up a lot of server bandwidth, slowing down the site. I don't really see the point.

• I don't see the point of that

• Nah,

I like that they don't reveal that.

• No because there are polls I vote for but don't comment on for privacy reasons.

• How would that work for all the anon's on GAG?

• No, its will be more comfortable for voters. Moreover its can prevent negative feelings between people when they know someone have opposite ideas

What Guys Said 4

• Absolutely not! The anonymity of polls and upvoting/downvoting is why people do it!

With names being exposed, most people wouldn't participate in those two features anymore, therefore killing off those features! :-/

• I don't get this trend of wanting to expose everyone's identity on GaG for everything (showing names on polls, showing names on upvotes and downvotes, not allowing anonymous askers and opinion givers, etc.)

SOME confidentiality is appreciated in life.

• I like that idea

• really? I'm surprised! I thought u would prefer more confidentiality

• @Prof_Don Not in stuff like polls or shall we say social/political views, I don't mind my feelings be known in that forum - Sometimes I find the whole GaG celebrity or famous Gagger a bit weird because then you get the PMs will you answer my dating question and since I am single it shows I am no expert in the field. What I am trying to say in a roundabout way is that I never liked how a higher level and more points was presumed to give you more knowledge when the reality I have answered the required number of questions to get the points, the qualities of my answer were never ever verified - I never felt like a Guru or Master in classic sense of the words.

• I agree with @musicbrain5 You've got to keep it anonymous to keep people honest

• I don't think it's necessary. Let people vote honestly.