Do you get upset about the popular people on here and how somtimes it's a popularity contest here?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's whatever. It's just a website, you know? I'm considerably older than the majority of the users, so I don't really expect to be embraced with open arms. I'm just a bored dude stuck in that weird place between old and young, so I kill time here and shoot the shit with a handful of people, crack some jokes, etc. I'm sure there are 20 year olds who think I'm ancient and maybe a loser for even being here, haha, but I'm just a normal person who was still cool as of a few years ago😂 So just by my age demographic alone, I don't expect to be crazy popular, and honestly, the day I find any type of pride in being popular on the Internet is the same day you'll find me with my belt around my neck swinging from the ceiling fan😵 I have a handful of people I interact with regularly, but that's it. GAG fame really isn't anywhere on my to-do list, haha. But there are some very, very active users on here, so it's only natural that they would be well-known. And if you're an attractive girl (or posing as one), you'll be off the charts. The thirst here from dudes... so, so real🍺👅

• I embrace you with open arms, Grandpa!

• @Alexious Thanks, bro, I appreciate that! Likewise👊

• No problem brother! 👊 Safe!

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly no. It's just a website forum on the Internet and while we all are in a sense, a community, we need to remember this is not real life and for many of us, including myself, it's just a time waster. I've been here over two years and while many of the older users on here know me, a lot of the newer ones have no idea who I am.

I do feel there are some desperate people on here though that kiss ass to other users and tag them in everything but while I think it's kinda dumb at times, it's really not hurting anyone

What Guys Said 38

• No, this is irrelevant to me in the sense that it doesn't bug me. I'm glad it's an online community where certain people like other certain people. It's called social relations.

• It's all good, i mean it's an online community so it's normal and expected to see that.

Seeing some-particular-guys kiss ass to every pink text that gives them attention is really cringeworthy and pet peeve of mine tho lol.

• You get use to it. GaG pretty much belongs to them. Peeps like you and i just come along for the ride

• lol but you re popular :P I see you quite often

• when ur a walking adonis like this guy, it doesn't take any effort to be popular XD

• @verticallyinsecure man crush a bit^^
      It isn t the first time I see you comment the same thing :p

• Really? You can pick a few people are friendly always tagging each other, apart from that, I never really thought there was a pecking order..

• Yeah I don't really like gag Celebrites

• No it's the internet it's not real life.
    Saying that I don't really care what people think of me anyway.

• No not really - If it happens let them have a bit of fun with it - It only becomes an issue if people feel left out and as far as I see it is inclusive enough - If you are active enough you do seem to find a group you are happy with.

• Isn't being upset over something really irrelevant like this worse than the problem itself.

• I dont really get the point of the whole popularity contest... I dont see GAG as the sort of website one goes to socialise. More a place one goes to share and partake in anecdotal information, knoweldge and advice.

• Its really hard to believe that it bothers no one 😬

The reality is getting upvotes is something thats positive. It gives users a warm fuzzy feeling inside. If you feel less popular its probably because of less attention. Tech is slowly becoming one with humans... what feels real in real life feels very real to some virtually as well.

• It doesn't bother me at all.

• Everything is a popularity contest. This is why more people care about Ja Rule's opinion of 9/11 than actual experts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-ddYhXAZc

• Dave Chappelle... Respect !!! @M_A_X

• @timmy111 I agree completely. The man was a genius.

• *is a genius

• I never noticed such "popular" people or that it's become a popularity contest. Whatchu talkin' about, ma'am?

• popular people? no

The tag your? Yes, because it's been asked too often to spam those names over and over.
    now it's "they know who they are"

• No? Lol what.

When I answer a question to help someone solve an issue I don't give a fuck about popularity.
    How is it relevant?

• It's always been like this. Highly unlikely that anyone joins gag and never notice this the first couple of weeks using it. No one should care, really.

• 0 fucks given to that... log in... chat a bit... have some laughs... log out. May gain some 'digits & friends' along the way but yeah thats pretty much it.

• Meh, who cares?

... anywhoo everyone on here should totallyyyyy follow me, like totallly.

• Not really bothered tbh.. it's just a site I use for fun.

• No actually I focus more on life outside of gag.. and games. This is just laughable kindergarten stuff

• If someone has to be popular on a website then they are sad people.

• it's a site where you post fucking opinions if people only agree with people because they're popular then they must have something wrong

• Well, Being popular here isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some do take it too far but it's all in fun.

• I don't even care about it.

• It's high school all over again. Gag has and will always be one big circle jerk.

• They can take turns polishing each other's asses as much as they want, who cares lol

But yeah, its lame as f**k.

• I have always found it easier to do my own thing then to start a lame fight to the top of the popularity pyramid, because with enough momentum I can knock that pyramid down and shock and awe everyone haha.

• no. i don't care.

• its not about popularity, its about the looks☝

• No its all good. I am not popular and its all good.

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 32

• Let's be honest, the popular ones here are the ones who basically have no life in real world. Nothing to be upset about.

• nope. when i first joined there were well known people here and i didn't give a damn. it's just a website, just remember that this isn't reality love. don't let it get to u. just do your thing here and be yourself.

• Yes, I cry about it every night

• Yeah I don't care. I am fine with it.

• Lol no. There's hundreds of things I could be upset about, the GaG hierarchy is not one of them.
    Tbh sometimes I feel like just tagging people that complain about not being tagged in as many random posts as I can. Just tag them so much they never want to be tagged again.

• No it doesn't bother me. I have a life outside of here that I'm much more focused on. Internet stuffs isn't a priority or concern :)

• Well, people are people and they do what they like. I'm here mostly just to help people out and have something to do. This is, after all, just a website, and I really don't mind popular people or whether or not I'm popular. I'd rather just enjoy my time here.

• No I don't. Lmao!

• Nah, some people are just more active than others, so they'll be more well known to the community. I can see the issue with all the tagging or mentioning questions, though. Users do get tired of seeing those questions over and over.

• It doesn't upset me but it can get annoying after so many of the questions pop up in a day. At the end of the day, this is just a website. I can see where people might get upset since the same people are usually tagged tho.

• No idc others don't care. It doesn't really madder if your popular cool. But when you brag about it then people really don't care. If your popular cool stay that way just don't brag about it. Also I never seen a GaG contest like that, and there probably won't ever be one.

• no, it's just a website on the internet, i don't see why anyone would be so invested that someone's 'popularity' affected them like that 😧 no need to be upset over such things.

• and why would you get upset?
    like srsly who cares? what would you gain from being or not being popular on website :P

• It doesn't bother me. As long as people are kind and respectful to each other that's more important.

• 1) GaG fame is not worth being upset about. it just means they spend way too much time here
    2) those tagging questions? they're only annoying if there's too much of them

• What exactly is there to be upset about?

• There's nothing to be jealous of. What do you gain from being popular on a website? :p Nothing. It's completely irrelevant to the real world. :)

• Don't have enough time to cry about it

• Doesn't matter to me, I normally ignore those questions.

• i've never seen a popularity contest going on xD

• I don't get involved girl

• Nope don't care at all.

• I do find the popularity contests rather stupid

• Nah. I'm not popular in real life either so it's the same 😂

• I'm just upset I don't have enough xp or whatever it is to talk to people.

• How do you know there even popular? am I popular I don't even know.

• Yes, my questions barely get answered. .. frustrating.

• No I don't

• No, some of them delete their accounts anyways

• I'm not on here enough to notice.

• More from Girls
    2