What is the threshold where questions/comments' age get hidden?

Like the title says, when questions/comments get old, they get the age tag hidden.
My questions are at what threshold does that happen, and why? Shouldn't we know the time it was posted?

Most Helpful Girl

• After three months, I believe.

And yes, I agree, it would be nice to keep the timestamps on everything. Once a post has its timestamp taken away, you don't know if it's three months old, or three years...

• I agree.. I may still want to comment on a 3mo old, but I wouldn't do it in a 3yo...
      I know I upvoted some comment recently, only to realize that there was no timestamp on it :S

• hnn... yeah 3mo seems about right, never seen beyond that

• They used to keep the timestamps a long time ago. Eventually they got rid of them and it's been like this ever since... I guess most old posts don't get much if any activity anyways, but still, it's handy to be able to see when things were posted.

Most Helpful Guy

• It goes back to 3 months then it just doesn't show at all.

Made the "pick your best question in 2015" contest a bit difficult. I have no idea when 2015 started in my questions.

• Have you stated this there? Maybe they'll realize that the timestamp should never be gone.

• No, I didn't state it, although I feel like I should have.
      This honestly doesn't seem like a difficult task though. If I had written it, it'd be 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 year, and then it'd be blank.

• After 3 months, maybe just leave the actual timestamp. I want to know when things happen otherwise it's just a void. If we store information, it's only reasonable to have access to it, I think.

What Girls Said 1

• I think 30 days because its old!

What Guys Said 2

• Age is not hidden for old questions, unless you view it as a non-logged in user... Non logged in users do not see the age

• I have a feeling it is 3 months.