Dear gag, can we have the option to upvote/downvote comments on opinions?

would anyone else like that?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell yeah like Rainbowfangirl said too many comebacks are going by unappreciated

• exactly! I upvotes this but forgot to comment the other day... not just comebacks, sometimes just great points posted on an opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• Its a good idea... i myself have considered it. but just like opinions... everyone is entitled to comment. even if its just trolling comments. opinion comments would be doing a little too much. Im only guessing that GaG upgraded their servers and expanded their database thats why they were able to do the whole "guys said" "girls said" crap.
    Adding the upvote/downvote feature on opinion comments with just take up more server space than it already is... some comments go on for frickin ever...
    Logical stand point.

• That's a great idea, I would like that

• Yeah that seems like a good idea, but then again I'll probably have way more downvotes than I already have now. So yay me XD

• I think that is a fair idea - I would like it.

• I just think most of our opinions already don't get a lot of votes in the first place; I think it wouldn't be a too heavily used feature while it would need a lot of revamping in the database.

I think what we would ACTUALLY need is direct hot-linking to opinions (or comments) on a page, similarly to how you get a link to a post when you get a mention.

• Yes, I've always wanted this feature. I've seen people ask for this before too. But then when they update they always give us useless features that literally nobody asked for..

• I'm the Arch Druid, and I approve this message.

• Its great sure BUT it would devalue the first and most important opinion, which is the first one. The first opinion is special and unique vs the rest because of the fact you're allowed to upvote and downvote. It sets the tone for the rest of the comments in that same thread.

It would be a little messy if votes branched off to comments. Sometimes less is better

• no it wouldn't. at most, it would encourage more people to pay attention to the other comments and engage with other more.

• Yes but then your first doesn't feel as special since the attention can directed to comments too.

doesn't mean a feature is good it should extent to all areas. The face of your opinion is what everyone sees. Most of the times you can't see comments unless you actively go through them. Its redundant to code in that feature.

The opinions are given one chance to write something and thats it, based on that you get votes. Comments are there to generate conversation. If you want to upvote or downvote a comment, just comment instead. This contrast gives the two a defining distinction.

Plus it would exponetionally increase the points handed out. As you can literally gain endless points through one question.

Good idea but in this case less is more

• that already happens.

• should be there

• Make it so... I'm gonna downvote you all. j/k

• they should add votes to question too in my opinion ; p

• I don't think it's necessary.

• upvoting and downvoting at all is unnecessary. but it makes the site more fun/interesting.

• Apparently you only get 1 xper point if the asker upvotes your opinion.
      There's really not much purpose to upvote/downvote then, so I see less reasons to add that to the comments too.

• the point is to show you like or dislike what was said.

• Sure why not

• I want to know who down voted my opinion.

"What? You think you're a big man huh? Down vote me to my face! Go on then!"

• Nope I don't like it

• No. No more clutter.

• no need to have that option

an option to add picture in comments would be good

• It is a great idea that I thought of in the past because I think people are voting up an answer when they are really intending to upvote a comment to the answer. What makes me think this is an answer will be really stupid and the comment will point that out but it will get upvotes and there is a much bigger chance that it is the comment that is getting the upvote.

• hmm, I never thought of people upvoting that way before

• Yea I get confused not knowing if they are upvoting the answer or the comment.

• Good idea.

What Girls Said 11