People of gag, why is it that so many of you don't smile?

I mostly see this in guys' pictures and a few girls' as well. No one is smiling! A smile makes the face a million times more beautiful because it's a little peak into that person's soul. Why don't you smile, especially on a how do I look question? Most of the time it looks awkward and uncomfortable for the guys and mean or depressing for the girls. If you never smile in pictures, please explain.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 18

• Actually research has shown that women are more attracted to pictures of guys where the guy is not smiling. Women on the other hand are typically seen as more attractive when they do smile. Maybe women aren't smiling on the how do I look questions because they are trying to get a rating on their neutral face and not just when they smile.

• You rarely see either sex smiling here in thei profile pics, though.

• @martyfellow I don't pay a lot of attention to their profile pics. For the men it would make sense no matter what since women normally don't prefer men that smile. For the women it may be as simple as that they don't feel confident with a fake smile as they stare into a camera.

• Cuz I don't have anything to smile about, maybe? And I also hate forcing a fake smile... heck I can only smile while laughing... hope that made sense.

• sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/.../...-t-you-tell-1.png

I can barely contain my smile :P

• People seem to think that looking serious is more attractive, I guess. You're right, y rarely see a person smiling in teir profile photos or selfies.

• I think I look better when I am not smiling - It looks forced or something when I do it - I try for a relaxed resting face to keep it as natural looking as possible, don't want to frighten anybody LoL.

• Strong powerful dominant alpha males don't smile. They just grr grr grr!

• Women aren't as attracted to men that smile vs. men who have a more brooding nonchalant face.

Once this data was found out, less dudes do traditional smiles. :-P

• I do in most pics

• I generally don't like my smile, but I happen to take decent smiling selfie which is now my profile pic. It's a fake smile though 😬

• Fake smiles for me tend to come off awkward because I'm making myself self conscious. Maybe don't think about it as much and they'll come out better. Your fake smile is pretty nice, so your real one must be FABULOUSSS. :D

• Lol no problem. Have a good rest of your day! :)

• You as well!! 🙂

• My teeth aren't good xD

• Most people on here are depressed and have no life. Like 85% and i'm not part of them ;)

• i always smile

• I do have a small smile in my picture.

• what you think of my picture? good enough?

• Maybe we're just not in the mood to smile.

• My smile is scary.

• Lots of studies say girls like a guy more when he's not smiling in a photo. Not sure why the girls are not smiling.

• you dont even have a picture of your own... .

• Lol I am aware. This question isn't about me, it's about the gagers that do have pictures of themselves and choose not to smile.

What Girls Said 8

• I love smiling. I think my smile is my best feature. Almost all of my profile pictures have had me smiling in them. This is one is no different.

Annnnd, just in case y'all were tired of seeing it...

http://imgur.com/iy5yySC.jpg

Here it is again! 😁😁😁😁

• I rarely smile in photo's because I look like a twat, but I am in this one.

• This website is too much of a negative place for such a happy smile. Lol

• I don't like smiling in pictures in general even though I smile a lot in real life!
    I find it hard to fake a smile on pictures and I look weird when I do 😔

• I think I do too but it's usually because I'm holding myself back, when I tell myself to just get it over with pictures come out a ton better. Maybe do that because I'm certain your smile is perfection.

• Ohh thanks :) <3 I agree with you, when I hold my self back it looks super weird haha but I'll try not to :p !

• I have a sarcastic smirk because honestly I am never happy. Also I'm a sarcastic person. I use sarcasm a lot. ☺️

• Sarcasm is pretty funny, but there's always a reason to smile. :)

• What is these to smile about? 😌

• That your heart is beating. You're alive and breathing. You've got a bed to sleep in at night. Food to eat. People who love you. Pretty much all the things in life that get overlooked.

• I think all my smiles look forced for selfies.

• as a hunter, i have to maintain an intimidating stance :p

• We are a bunch of cold, hard, serious, intellectual no-nonsense mofos and we come correct with our advice. You won't catch us slipping... or smiling. Seriously, everytime I smile, everyone tells me I look wicked like I have just done something unmentionable. It's hard to make an innocent smile and I'm a pretty decent person so my resting smile is just devious.