What are the chances of talking to someone on GAG, that I know in real life?

I've answered a question from a lady that's moving to a town near to where I live. I answered another question from a lady that has the same uni, that I'm going to, as one of her choices. I've answered several questions where various people have known the same areas as me.

I'm left wondering: What the chances are of talking to someone on GAG, that I know in real life, from my hometown?

It's not that I want to meet anyone. Of all the guys and girls I knew from school and from college, and those I know socially, I'm wondering if any are GAGers amongst them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if we had an app we would find more people on here where we live! Gag could even be a dating site! haha WAIT! I want that job!

Most Helpful Guy

• The chances are slim but not impossible. Let's focus down the pool of people to only ones in your area.

1.) You'd have to meet them. This is the going to be the hardest step considering it is almost purely luck. Unless they are wearing a GAG tshirt (which very few do), it is all going to be coincidence.

2.) Then once you meet them, you'd have to learn they actually go on GAG. Many people don't like to tell people about that info.

-------
    However, another way is that you...
    1.) Just talk to them directly from here. Learn that they are in your area.

2.) Get to know them. Make sure they are someone you'd actually like to be friends with and meet up. bIf you do want to make up, they'll have to trust you, which may take awhile. It may be never. Who knows?

3.) Meet up at a designated area.

------
    The first way, I'd give about a.25% chance. The site is small and it is based on luck. There are hundreds of people who don't go on GAG.
    The second way, I'd give it about a 25% chance. Learning that they are in your area is half the battle. Developing friendship is the hardest part from there since some friendships never fully take off. (Compatibility issues)

What Girls Said 4

• i don't think its super likely, but its definitely not impossible.

• it's possible. there a quite a few gaggers who live within an hour from me. one even as close as 10 minutes away

otherwise, pretty slim
    the people i knew/know in real life are much to busy with their career or family life to even bother with GaG

• If you are famous your chances increases, if you are a regular person then your chances are small unless you deliberately seek out those people from gag that you know live in your area

• Slim, but not improbable. I actually live in a place a few GaGers live, but have never encountered them in real life. I am ok with that, not that they are bad people but I'd rather remain anonymous.

What Guys Said 13

• I saw that question yesterday yeah small world - Okay I live in a city of 1.5/2 million people, I don't go to city centre much, the numbers of irish users seems quite low - Lots of variables against it - Overall I would say chances are slim.

• It depends on the population in your hometown or at your university. E. g., if your university only had 100 students and you communicated with a G@Ger from your university, the odds that you either already know that person or would eventually meet them are much greater than if your university has 20,000 students.

• very low... GaG is worldwide and this site probably has a few thousand decently active users. :-P

• well there is one person who lives close to me, goes to the same supermarket... the chance would be there, wouldn't she sit on the other site of the planet right now haha.

I guess the next one I talk to would be @ElissaDido and @DocRim , about 380km / 4 hrs from here... so nothing which would happen accidentally :P

• There are plenty of chances in a Western country. Especially the Anglo-sphere.

• Thats really coincidence i think. I haven't even met anyone from the country i live in (Spain) and only one guy who lives in my country. If you're American you might have more chance to meet users who live closeby i think.

• pm and get talking exchange contact info if you dont come across as a creep i think most people would be willing to met up

• It's not meeting up that I want. There are several young ladies working in a cafe just along the seafront. I was wondering what the chances are that one of them could be a GAGer. We wouldn't know that we were both GAGers.

• Those odds used to be very slim. But as the site catches on assuming it's majory the more and more those odds will decrease like facebook.

• the known is Unknown.

• Well, there are thousands of people on yik yak.
    However, there are billions of people in the world.
    Pretty slim chances.

• I suppose in your case, very likely. However, unless you are aware of them, it's unlikely.

• Super fucking low I would assume.

Good ^_^

• Slim chances I think...