Wouldn't it be great if editors could edit their mytakes?

I love the privileges of being an editor , however I feel that the name is misleading .
Some people assume that the takes will be error free because of our name.
However , that is not the case.
As an editor I'd love for my name to reflect the writings I present (error free).
I wish I could go back and make corrections.

Some errors are not noticed until the submit button is hit , then it's too late to go back.

Most Helpful Guy

• We all make mistakes in our writing it would be good if we could correct that

• I personally feel like my take loses quality when I notice errors. It's a bad feeling to have.

• thanks for mho

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps a name change might be in order, like columnist or something. An editor implies that there is some kind of review ability, when there isn't at all.

That's the whole site though: no ability to review or fix mistakes.

What Guys Said 5

• It would be awesome if we all could edit all of our posts (to an extent), so as to not let the entire thing be rewritten.

• I know this is bug bear with a lot of people but I understand why people cannot change their posts. For example post
    "Adults should not flirt with minors on GaG" - Get loads of positive responses - Go back and edit to "Adults should be allowed to flirt with minors on GaG"
    Absolutely extreme example but the new text would show with all the supportive positive opinions still in place.

• True. I understand it too. However , not many people are editors on here. This would only apply to those that are.

• "Mytakes" would be the only thing that can be edited

• Yeah I agree with you.

• lol you're literally saying: i'm too lazy to proofread so can I just go back after some people have had to read through my errors?

I agree we need to make edits but for when somethings been written in a way that's turned out to be confusing or if god forbid we get new info that changes our perspective.

• I actually do proofread. I just happen to still miss the errors at times.

I'm reading what I want it to say at times instead of what it actually says.

• I thought that said "mistakes" and giggled

What Girls Said 4

• Yes! I hate noticing a mistake after I've already submitted it. It would be great to be able to go back and fix things.

• It would be a great idea!
    But I'm curious to know, what are the privileges of being an editor?🙂

• Your takes get instantly promoted 50 xper points is earned (instead of having to wait hours or days for that to happen)

• I know the feeling all to well. lol hahaha

• Who cares you are not the Editor of Vogue. Anyone can become an Editor on GaG. It's not a privilege , it's not like you are a renowned editor for some to magazine

• You sound offended. Calm your shit head. There's no need to get all excited .

• The truth from someone who doesn't even know me? Yea sure.

• 😏😌