Why can't people be truthful on here?

I know it's the internet where lying and exaggerating are common, but why on a so called community do so many people lie about simple things? The question can be a simple one like "Are you nice?" and people jump to say how mean or evil they imagine themselves to be. "How many people have blocked you?" Oh everyone, i'm so controversial that 50 people have me blocked and it's a wonder I haven't been banned yet.

Spare us the nonsense and just try being truthful. The reality is that most people on here are soft wimps blocked by hardly anyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm always truthful. For the blocking questions, it's impossible to know exactly how many people blocked you as we get no notifications about that unless we happen to be commenting on the question/opinion of who happened to block us. So the truth on those kinds of questions is at best a ball-park figure.

Most Helpful Guy

• they aren't truthful because people on here are sensitive and soft as fuck. some chick asked yesterday whether someone should date this girl and she said this chick was failing classes, fat, cries about everything, terrible driver, cuts herself, cries when you leave to go home, needy, etc. then i said no and i explained why and the bitch blocked me. she got mad because "i didn't know her or her life story" as if i should've based on the fact she only gave us those terrible qualities about her. people on here don't want advice or opinions. they just want to hear people agree with them and to hell with anyone that thinks differently.

What Girls Said 9

• And how do you know they're not being truthful?

• How do you know thats not truth what theyre saying? And no one has to be honest on here. Its their prerogative and tons of reasons are available as to why they do it.

• Probably because they don't want to offend others. Sometimes you would get blocked for being honest and not many people like that idea though.

• I have been blocked too.. by a A LOT of people.. idgaf :/

• Why do you care?

• I'm blocked by one or two people, I think? Or I used to be. Meh. It's a website.

• Has someone told you a lie? Need me to play big sister for you?😉

• Real talk. Everyone on here thinks they're mad sick and twisted but really they're all vanilla as fuck

• I'm so truthful &honest with my opinions it hurts.

What Guys Said 11

• Hmmmmm - I think a lot of people online use it for escapism and create alternate personas for themselves - I'm a bad ass seems to be the most common one, I honestly would not really take on board everything someone says at first, I wait till I get to know them before really talking to them so a lot of the surface level bullshit goes over my head. Anyone that is too full of it will not make it into the inner levels of my online existence so I am not affected that much by them.

• Simply because this site has a poor middle ground. On one side you have the authoritarian liberals. These inhibitors of free speech will attempt to shoot down anybody who is not in line with political correctness. The difference between these people and a religious cult is the cult will kill you for disagreeing with them. However, on the other side you got authoritarian religious people. They think because they adhere to there religion they better than people and all should be adhere to there religion. Where I belong to is the middle ground gagers which is essentially the balance between those two extremes.

• This is a place for butthurt losers and highschool minded people. If you were looking for solid advice you came to the wrong place, but if you were looking for unnecessary drama between people who are meant to be adults, then you came to the right spot.

• As far as being blocked, I've been blocked by 34 people and am discovering new blocks every day.

• You answered yourself in the first sentence bloke.

• I'm always truthfull. I see no point in lying..

• heh, its whatever to me. GaG isn't a court of law

• it's only online, who cares.

• I only saw nice people on this site and I love this community so dunno what your talking about.

• Women are the real problem. Men are way more truthful and honest in comparison

• There's a few assholes on this website like a certain poster on here with a name that begins with a capital E.

• No, the truth is that people here are soft wimps who block EVERYONE so they can have a "safe space."