Why do people give personal advice here?

do people here not have many friends? why do some people tell you to "treat others as you want to be treated?" who are they to reach out to people? lololol.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Azuregirl's point is good - Sometimes it is good to get someone's opinion from outside the situation with no bias - A friend is going to find it hard to say it is possible he/she mightn't like you that way.

What Girls Said 1

• Because sometimes having an outsider's opinion is good. It gives insight from another perspective than someone they actually know, who's opinions could also be a bit biased.

What Guys Said 1

• Sometimes people find it easier to ask advice from a stranger so they don't have to feel judged or have an over reaction to the subject in question. I myself sometimes do it so I can get all angles of advice in case if I myself missed one or hasn't been said by a friend or relative