Why are a lot of the older users on here so stuck up?

I've noticed that many of the users over 35 are very stuck up. A lot of them won't even listen to your opinion if you're not around their age because they think they're better and wiser due to their age. I think it's disrespectful and stupid because age doesn't determine your intelligence and maturity. There are some very mature young people and some immature older people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I get what you mean. I've seen it and experienced it from users in age groups above mine. I do agree that it is disrespectful to assume that just because you're older, you're wiser and know more, and to be condescending to younger users as a result.

On the flip side, though, I've answered questions from younger users that post a question asking for help; I've spent time on my replies, genuinely trying to help them, only to have them reply back acting like they know it all and that they don't need my help/advice/opinion. I'm left thinking, "Well, if you want to act like you know it all, why the hell ask for help in the first place?" But, it's not like I disrespect them just because they're younger.

There will always be both types of people.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't disagree with that assertion at all especially the last two sentences.
    " I think it's disrespectful and stupid because age doesn't determine your intelligence and maturity. There are some very mature young people and some immature older people"
    As being an older user myself I probably don't see the reverse ageism shall we call it as much but I see no reason why any Gagger should feel superior to any other Gagger. We can offer advice based on our knowledge but not be arrogant about it because there is every possibility that sometime we may need to ask a question to help ourselves.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't agree with it being a lot, I see that with all age range and there a few 60 or 40 year old users who have given better advice, but I agree with you in general about people changing their attitude.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes I agree. In real life a lot of them are like that too.

• Agreed about intelligence and maturity. I'll listen on a vast array of topics, on others I dont. Why don't I listen. Life experience. So certain opinions carry no weight with me based on that fact.

• I get what you mean but it might be a generation thing lol