I'm blocked by random users I've never even encountered?

I always seem to stumble across a question I can't interect with because the user apparently blocked me even though I've never seen them, talked to them, etc.

I suppose I already knew the answer to the question before I even asked it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes they do not like the opinions you give and that's what happens.
    Sometimes I'm overly blunt, other times I'm just typing gibberish and that leads me to getting blocked.
    Its better they block you now than later get into a endless argument.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes people are weird like that. Sometimes they just see you around and they don't like the opinions you give so they just block you. I was blocked by one user simply because I am black. :/ Don't worry about it though. It's better to be blocked than for them to get in a dumb argument with you.

What Guys Said 12

• I have actually done that. I blocked a user just because she posted some things that really annoyed me and her profile picture makes me want to punch her face in the face. I figured it was just better to avoid confrontation all together.

• Wow, that's kind of stupid but a plus for that person so they don't have to deal with you.

• Stupid that you would block someone because their profile picture made you want to punch her in the face, but then again, I'll take that back because I don't know exactly what the picture was. Sorry, I partially misread your comment at first. Thought you just blocked them because you thought they looked annoying.

• Fair enough. It is not a picture of her anyways. some celebrity I am assuming but clearly older than the person the account is for. I just figure that looking at what she has posited we will have nothing constructive to say to each other so it is best to just avoid contact all together.

• Happens all the time. You see some random level 4-5 person, you try to comment and BAM YOU'RE BLOCKED and you're like wtf I don't even know you

They typically read some opinions of yours and they choose to not like you, or because you posted on their anonymous question/opinion and they got prissy.

• Either these people don't like your opinions, or people are gossiping about you and are blocking u out of judgment based on such gossip.

• Narrowminded judgmental people who just want to use a feature for no reason but because it exists.

Well say thanks for blocking, because I bet ya , you wouldn't want to get to know these people in the first place.

• From using GaG on the phone I know I have accidentally blocked people - Who knows maybe - I was in the same boat once went to answer an anon and was blocked, didn't know why.

• some people who don't like what you post will just block you... it happens, not much you can change about it. ignore them and enjoy the other people

• Maybe they didn't like your opinions so they blocked you

• I figured that would most likely be the reason.

• Don't worry about it. There will always be haters..

• This reminded me of what i did on facebook

the girl i liked was on there id go to her facebook every now and then to see her post and how she was doing.. i never said hi though i was and am wayyy to shy,,

one day i told myself i was going to message her hi on facebook then i got so nervous i blocked her... i was shaking... lol i still have her blocked I don't know if she knows... she probably thinks im weird

• same never even spoke to them

• Are you an asshole in general, or otherwise unpleasant person?

• I'm as far from an asshole as they get, but I am an activist for injustice in social and economic problems. The person probably didn't like a take I did on racism.

• Well, there's your answer i guess.

• Welcome to GAG

What Girls Said 10

• I'm blocked by users I had no idea existed. Like Cookies and Milk. I've never interacted with her but she blocked me? Go figure. I can't remember but there are more. People are weird lol better they do it without interacting with me, because I can get annoying.

• Welcome to my life!

• Haha same, but oh well, some people on here are just..

• Yea there are some weird ass people on here. I got blocked simply by trying to help this depressed guy. Whatever I dont care he was immature and a whiner.

• A question? You won't be able to see a user who blocked you, question.

• You actually can see the post of a user who blocked you. You just cannot interact.

• Ah, I see.

I was also blocked by a random user once (I couldn't upvote their comment). I was extremely confused 😑, but ain't no one got time to care.

• I don't know, maybe it was an accident?

• I don't see that there is anything objectionable about you. You are under 18 is my only guess?

• hey, ignore it and keep strolling. block 'em back

• Thats why you go anom. If your views differ from a radical fanatic. @Esplorare for instance.

• If you were blocked you wouldn't be able to see the question at all though.

• No, you can. Blocked just means you can't contact the person, but if you block the person, you have the option to not see the person you blocked in your feed.