Why can't you upvote/downvote people that have blocked you?

I think that it's kind of dumb. They don't know who's doing it anyway, so why does it matter? I can understand not being able to comment or interact with them in general but what's the point of not being able to vote on their opinions? Sometimes I want to vote on a person's opinion then I find out that they have me blocked. What do you think about this? :p

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's absurd as well because the only time you get notified of a vote is when the asker or take owner upvotes your opinion.

There were a few users on here that just mass blocked everyone that told them they're a bigot, so now of course most of their shitty hateful opinions only have upvotes from other like minded shitty users.

Blocking interaction makes sense, but blocking the ability to vote is ridiculous.

What Guys Said 13

• I assume it is so that people don't try to harass them by down voting every single thing they say.

• It is to stop the hater campaigns of downvoting every comment you make.

• Because votes matter to our self esteems?

• @Anno_Domini To some maybe, to be honest I would really notice unless I got an avalanche of downvotes on a comment then I would try to figure out why.

• the assumption is that if you've chosen to block someone, or if you know they have blocked you, you're likely to be too biased to vote on their opinion fairly

• It's blocked because upvotes give a notification.

It's even blocked for that reason if you're anonymous.

• You can also not write on questions / MyTakes of people who blocked you. I had to figure that out the hard way. Haha

• I don't understand that you can still see blocked people. Like i blocked them for a reason you know.. idc about them.

• The insightful, thought provoking answers and comments. :)

• I don't know. I think it' stupid too because if GAG intended to end all communication with them, why are you still to see block user's opinions? I personally think GAG should have a similar blocking system like Facebook.

• It's alright to me, I just wish k could vote on the opinions because I can still see them I mean. Lol.

• That's very true. :/
      I feel the same way sometimes. 😂 lol

• yeah, like so far one guy blocked me and i never said anything to him, like to his question, i must be offensive or someshit. but yeah then i was upvoting his opinion on my question, but i chose him as mho lmao

• to stop the trolls

• blocking is end of every connection that's why

• I don't know, and I don't care. That's their problem for not getting my upvote. I'm glad they have it like that.

• Agreed pretty! :p

What Girls Said 4

• LOL I have a few (of the same) people that I'm pretty sure down vote almost everything I post in certain types of questions. There's people that will troll other users simply to follow them around and do just that. No matter what the post is. I used to not block anyone... now I find it helpful to block people when I found out they've already blocked me for whatever reason.

• I don't know! It sucks thou!

• Salty people down voting everything..
    Best thing is when you just figure out you're blocked that way, though. 😂

• I really don't know girly