Why can't you upvote/downvote people that have blocked you?

I think that it's kind of dumb. They don't know who's doing it anyway, so why does it matter? I can understand not being able to comment or interact with them in general but what's the point of not being able to vote on their opinions? Sometimes I want to vote on a person's opinion then I find out that they have me blocked. What do you think about this? :p

0|0
5|14

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's absurd as well because the only time you get notified of a vote is when the asker or take owner upvotes your opinion.

There were a few users on here that just mass blocked everyone that told them they're a bigot, so now of course most of their shitty hateful opinions only have upvotes from other like minded shitty users.

Blocking interaction makes sense, but blocking the ability to vote is ridiculous.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• I assume it is so that people don't try to harass them by down voting every single thing they say.

3|0
    1|0
  • It is to stop the hater campaigns of downvoting every comment you make.

2|1
    0|0
    • Because votes matter to our self esteems?

• @Anno_Domini To some maybe, to be honest I would really notice unless I got an avalanche of downvotes on a comment then I would try to figure out why.

• the assumption is that if you've chosen to block someone, or if you know they have blocked you, you're likely to be too biased to vote on their opinion fairly

3|0
    1|0
  • It's blocked because upvotes give a notification.

It's even blocked for that reason if you're anonymous.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can also not write on questions / MyTakes of people who blocked you. I had to figure that out the hard way. Haha

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand that you can still see blocked people. Like i blocked them for a reason you know.. idc about them.

1|0
    1|0
  • The insightful, thought provoking answers and comments. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I think it' stupid too because if GAG intended to end all communication with them, why are you still to see block user's opinions? I personally think GAG should have a similar blocking system like Facebook.

1|0
    1|0
    • It's alright to me, I just wish k could vote on the opinions because I can still see them I mean. Lol.

• That's very true. :/
      I feel the same way sometimes. 😂 lol

• yeah, like so far one guy blocked me and i never said anything to him, like to his question, i must be offensive or someshit. but yeah then i was upvoting his opinion on my question, but i chose him as mho lmao

1|0
    1|0
  • to stop the trolls

1|0
    0|0
  • blocking is end of every connection that's why

1|0
    1|0
  • I don't know, and I don't care. That's their problem for not getting my upvote. I'm glad they have it like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Agreed pretty! :p

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• LOL I have a few (of the same) people that I'm pretty sure down vote almost everything I post in certain types of questions. There's people that will troll other users simply to follow them around and do just that. No matter what the post is. I used to not block anyone... now I find it helpful to block people when I found out they've already blocked me for whatever reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know! It sucks thou!

1|0
    1|0
  • Salty people down voting everything..
    Best thing is when you just figure out you're blocked that way, though. 😂

2|0
    1|0
  • I really don't know girly

1|0
    3|0