Do you think people on here answer honestly?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some do, very few though. The majority are still too hang up with political correctness and social conventions despite the fact this is the internet and you can basically say whatever the fuck you want.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the person, like there's people who will just tell the asker whatever they wanna hear so they can get the MHO, then there's people who will lie in how do I look questions because they don't wanna hurt people's feelings, then there's the people who make sure they are always staying very PC and then there's the people who just really don't care and actually answer honestly - but those make up the minority, I would say like 40% of gagers :P

What Guys Said 46

• I think the anonymous people often do. The rest of the time people often seem too worried about offending someone to be honest enough to give helpful advice. Just look at the rate me questions that give average girls so many high scores. Most of the people are just trying to make the other person feel better.

• I think there's a lot of idealism and ingratiation going on.

• I try to and I think most others do. But I agree also with @Esplorare in that there are people on here filling their own agendas. You can learn by watching over time who the different types are.

• I think the majority of people on here try to answer honestly but some of them have limited insight and they cannot be more honest with us than they are with themselves.

• I think people care too much about their reputation and don't want to be seen as 'going against the grain' because they don't want to receive backlash from offended parties.

• Depends on the question - On the whole I would say there is a high degree of honesty maybe around 80%

• I try to make it obvious when I'm trying to be helpful and when I'm trying to stir up some LOLz

• I try to every time. The only times when I may sugar my words are when I'm trying to give advice to some of the younger members here.

• yes, I'm honest about your pics :P

seriously... I think most do... of course there are exceptions, but I personally don't post at all or do it anon if I don't want a specific opinion connected to my name. and wouldn't lie just to make something look better

• Hell no lol. I remember these was this fat ugly lesbian saying she's 2 'hot' to be a lesbian. She was absolutely disgusting. Guys on there saying OMG SO BEAUTIFUL. Making these girls delusional lol

• good lord no. they usually just suck up to the op to make them feel better. then again, i feel like a lot of the people who ask questions just want to hear what they want. i've been blocked for giving an honest opinion... #truthhurts

• in my opinion there are too many users that are afraid of being harassed, by telling the cold hard truth.

Truly a shame.

• Why would I have to lie with my answers? I'm not trying to impress anyone because I don't know anyone here offline. It's already inherently anonymous.

• That seriously depends on the question.

Not sure about the How Do I Look topic, I prefer to be direct, but sometimes some questions just seem like it's better if you don't say anything if you just say negative things so I tend to skip over those.

• There's plenty of idiocy to go around as well, so people exaggerate, mislead, and falsify all the time and not to mention troll the shit out

• No way in hell. Especially not the women. They're frozen with pc dogma. Terrified of being outted and thrown from the good girls club into the cold with the likes of us truthful folk. I say it as I see it and I will not lie to suit any do-gooder arsehole. Bloody cowards the lot of them. Their arse holes must be killing them from all the time they spend sat on the fence

• I do... usually

• I try to the best I can, I see no point in lying, even in real life, it doesn't accomplish anything other then foot in mouth syndrome, I may embellish a touch now and then but mostly with stories, but even then still pretty close to what actually happened.

• For the most part most users. I always answer honestly unless I'm not being seriously and just joking.

• Doubt it and if they do they get blocked lol

• If serious I am. There are many questions that do not garner a serious response but on the sincere, well written and true questions I see many honest answers.

• I'm gonna say 50/50

Do you think Im honest?

• Can't vouch for others, but I feel there is no point in lying to people you don't know and probably never gonna know in your life.

• The majority of non annonymous (more or less naives) do seem to answer based on their values and believes. Might not be realistic opinions, but they seem honest.

• Woah cinderelli... what's up with that killer new profile pic haha.

• yes, for the most part

• Most of the people I've met here have seemed truthful to me.. as for me, I always try to be brutally honest :D.

• not really no

• Some people yes but definetly not all

• I honestly troll you when Im anon

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 18

• Some people certainly do. Some people certainly don't. Some people spend their entire answer boastfully trying to show off what they think they know and trying to stroke their ego with zero to little genuine regard for how their answer will impact someone's life or state of mind. Some people only open their mouths with the hope that they will be able to argue and bicker while masking it as a debate.

It's best to apply their answer to real life situations or see how realistic it is on the grand scheme of things.

• I think the majority of users do. I personally do. I honestly think the anonymous users answer the most truthful (wonder why😛).

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...3c463cb91a.jpg

• I think most people are usually honest. Which can be awesome or awesomely hilarious. The trolls here aren't usually very good and like the 'best" ones are usually the mods anyway so it's hard for people to say too much without getting called on it.

• Nah, most of them often sugarcoat shit and don't say what they really think in fear that they'll piss someone off or smth. I'm always honest though :P

• The only pure honesty out there exists in each of our heads... safe from the world unless we decide to share. I think there's more honesty online than in real life, but I also think a lot of honesty is not a good thing. Humans can't handle the whole truth. We wouldn't function. We wouldn't get along.

• People need to 'toughen up' and not be so sensitive.

• @ThehappySnail has life experience hardened you or have you grown up like that as a personality trait?

• I would life experiences over the last ten and a half years have hardened me a lot and the older I become the more reserved and closed off I feel, the less emotional and more rational I appear to be.

• I try to! lol Sometimes I don't know and I tell them : I don't know but...

• I'd like to think so, because I know there's people who want genuine and honest answers.

• I think some do.

• Well, I can't talk about everyone here, but I personally always like to give my honest opinion, if I feel, like i won't give my honest opinion, I won't answer lol 😆 but I think some people do.. Others don't.. It depends on each on individually

• no i just had a conversation with a guy who says having sex with a friend still makes her a friend and even though i proved him wrong he still says there is such thing as friends who have sex

• Yes, as a matter of fact, I do think so.

• I do. Except when I'm being sarcastic to a troll question. ;)

This would be a good question to have a poll for percentage ranges of honest answers! :)

• I don't know about others but I answer honestly. I have nothing to hide and no reason to lie. I'm a no bullshit say-it-as-it-is kinda person

• I know I do. I can't speak for other people though.

• No its the internet

• For the most part yea. I'm pretty honest and if I don't feel like I can't be honest I just don't answer.

• Sometimes yes, sometimes no

• I'm always answer honestly