How come people don't answer questions anymore?

I'm tired of typing these questions out of desperacy but no one barely responds. It's so depressing to know that I don't have anyone to turn to in real life or even the internet. My questions are clear with good details; they're easy to understand but people barely respond.

People made this into a dating site. People are starting to ask random, senseless and perverted questions and they still get more responds than me. There are people that are way too young also. It's sad that a 15 year old was willing to give me a full essay of advice yesterday but I cannot depend on anyone my age or older for words of wisdom.

I went from loving this site to hating it. It's so weak now!!! If I can, I will deactivate my account. This sh*t is beyond ridiculous.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand what you're saying, and I will say the same thing to you as I have to others. Yes, this site focuses more on the fun, silly questions over actually giving advice more so often as it seems. Here are some things to consider when asking questions, though.

- Are you going anonymous when you post? From what I've seen, users are more likely to respond to you if you aren't anonymous... though I do understand the need for the feature with such personal questions at times.
    - How much are you typing/sharing when you post? Are you giving a paragraph or two or are you writing what looks like an essay? People do not want to read a lot of text. It becomes overwhelming. It is good to add details, but there is a fine line between enough and way too much.
    - It looks like you type properly, so your grammar isn't an issue.

I'm sure you've already thought about this, but just clarifying. :)

What Guys Said 4

• I literally do nothing but answer questions toots.

• How long are your questions? I know I don't answer a lot of there is paragraphs of text

• I always try to answer questions in detail provided I have the solution or something that may help or a bit of wisdom. Though there are times I can't log on being either being busy or my cellphone company strangling my data making it almost impossible to use the internet.

• Depends when you post it, the type of question it is and how long the details are.

What Girls Said 3

• I see you've been a member here just a few months longer than I have.

I agree with you regarding the changes. This site has been gradually transitioning to attract a younger audience. So it's natural that many will put forth things relevant to them (popularity, etc.).

As for questions, there are some things to consider so you get a decent response:
    *time of day you post
    *anonymous or not
    *length of details
    *whether the issue is relatable to enough people here

I'm pretty sure you know that though. What was the question, if you don't mind me asking? I've had a question get zero responses, so I know the feeling. The feed is such that questions can get easily swallowed.

• They were anonymous because my questions tend to get personal and yes I have thought of these before. They were quite lengthy though...

• I'm not sure of what happened, but all of a sudden GaG went downhill; it's turned to a retarded popularity contest of fishcats and spammers with nothing to say.

• Ask admins, not us. The site isn't used for what it was made for though.