Does it annoy you when people on here answer with "I don't know"?

Like you ask a question and someone comments "I've never heard of that" or "I don't know what that is" or "I'm not sure"
Or they say something completely unrelated to the question because they don't know the actual answer.
Thats one of my biggest GaG pet peeves

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes because when I browse questions here and if I totally have no idea what to tell the asker I wouldn't bother to answer. Obviously 'I don't know' or 'I am not sure' isn't an advice or opinion. It just an ignorant phrase which gives them the Xper point. You aren't helping at all. Just stay away from the questions.

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't bother me. If a response doesn't make sense I just look over it and go on to the next reply.

What Girls Said 5

• If that's all they add, then it can be annoying. If they add details to that on what they think or would do in the situation, then it can be helpful.

• Not really.

• Nope because small things like these just don't annoy me. It's not enough to annoy me

• Yes. I downvote them for being useless and make a mental note not to talk to them. They're probably only concerned with spamming answers for the xper. UNLESS they say that they don't know, but offer a bit more advice or suggestions.

• I dont know...

What Guys Said 4

• It doesn't really "Annoy" me but it is a pointless or worthless answer. Just wait for helpful answers.

• I have being guilty of that but usually add my impression or something to make answer more relevant.

• Yeah, that would be annoying.

Personally, if I don't know how to answer a question I'll just skip over it and look through other questions

• I dont know.