Do you all take these opinions seriously?

I do not know why I keep this account. When I ask for advice from people in real life, they are not as straightforward and manipulating as the ones I see on here. People on here don't even know me and imply I am a terrible person just by the description and call me these harsh names. I don't know what to believe in anymore. I am so hurt over everything I hear and feel abandoned. As if no one loves me. Why do I even keep an account any longer? Everyone is out to hurt me and bring me down. That is how I feel. You cannot trust anyone :(

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, no need to get so upset over peoples comments on the internet. Like you said, they dont know you, they dont know the full story.
    Also you need to remember this is an opinion site, so when you ask a question people will give you their 100% honest opinion, even if its hard to hear. you're the one asking for our opinions so you shouldn't ask if you dont want to hear bad things.
    Friends in person are nice about it because well.. theyre your friends who dont want to hurt your feelings.

• You're right. But wouldn't a good friend be honest?

• Yes, a true friend should be honest. But usually they tell the truth in a not so straight forward way. They try to put it to you lightly

• Agreed

Most Helpful Girl

• Because this is the internet people are a) going to see your situation objectively and yes this might give you a harsh reality check sometimes b) going to say things sometimes that are offensive, not because you deserve it but because this is the web and they are anon so they can take their aggression out on you. The web is full of trolls and people who won't be as nice as your friends. I do believe you are generalizing us on GAG though. Plenty of people on here are very much helpful, friendly and kind.

What Guys Said 6

• Honestly I can't really comment without getting the background but from my own approach I would try to be supportive of a question asker even I did not agree with them I would try and phrase my answer politely.
    I am not sure what buzz people get out of being harsh but people are braver online because they will probably never meet a person face to face but still have to look in the mirror and consider how they acted.
    I am not sure if I can help but if you want, you can PM me with your question, I mightn't have the answer but I will be polite about it.

• I can understand I just hope you are okay.

• I totally get what you're saying, the names I see people getting called on here are fucked up. It's all people that would never say that kind of shit to anyone's face in real life. For what it's worth I'm sorry people are being shitty to you... i definitely understand what it's like to feel abandoned

• This has been my reality for most of my life. People being shitty to me. What have I don't wrong?

• Oh yes

• U gotta somehow find some inner strength to not let these bastards get u down.

• OH? I hope I'm not one of those. I rather be brutally honest then one of those people who smile and lie to your face in person.

• Sometimes people ask questions, but only expect to hear answers they are already thinking.

• I love the truth and nothing but the truth ironically 😬

• ... so help me God

• You need to toughen up, a lot.

• no not really. some are actually trying to help, but most just like to judge and bitch at people

What Girls Said 2

• This is the internet where people can unleash their frustrations on here which they can't exactly do in their normal day to day lives. You can't take things here so seriously lol

• Honey I take everything seriously and personally lol

• Maybe humanity isn't for me 😝

• Nah, I may not know who you are but judging from your responses you sound pretty laid back so try not to worry. I'm sorry for whoever has brought you down

• Who's doing this?