Why is everyone on this site joking around about asperger and stuff?

I'm here for a month now and I noticed that many of you, especially guys, when have a kind of fight with someone else tend to insult him/her and call that person an aspergers, an autistic etc.. Wtf? Why? Is it a kind of gag joke or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I've noticed that too. A guy asked me if I had asphergers just because I disagreed with his opinion. I wasn't rude to him. I have also noticed that they often ask if people have a mental condition too

• Thank God I am not the only one who noticed that! A guy asked me privately if it was right to beat a guy with asperger, wtf?

What Guys Said 4

• Well usually when a person insults another they are trying to hurt that person. So I think that's likely why it was said. It's also possible that the person calling the other person "an asperger" or "an autistic" is because that person really dislikes people with aspergers or autism so they think that will especially bother the other person. I've never heard that as a regular joke here.

• no, this is just a meme. autistic people are usually labled as weird. but then again isn't everyone weird?

• Yes everyone is weird at the end but autism is a disease, I am not autistic or something but I feel offended because I find this "meme" or "joke" really disrespectful

• In my country we use the same word to talk about both things, I didn't know I can't in English.. oops!

• my fault, was aware of the circumstances.

• I am not on the live feed that much anymore - I usually stay in topics - I had actually forgotten about that guy - Yeah it is insulting just ignore him, he is a troll looking for attention.

• I've never seen any of that

What Girls Said 1

• Lol no. It's basically just one guy who likes to create multiple accounts and get banned. Just ignore him.