How many of you take these opinions online seriously? Should I actually believe what these people say?

I have PTSD and I don't know what to believe anymore :(

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people here are willing to give advice from what they know. Yes some people here are just here for fun, but I honestly think that most people here are here to help.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not worth taking everything online too seriously, because a lot of it is trolling and incomplete views about things or people venting. If you find that spending too much time on a particular site is harming your mental health, it's better to log off for a while.

Some info online can be extremely valuable though and can come from unlikely sources, and so this is what makes internet sites like this helpful for many. Just figure out how much you in particular can handle and go from there. People are a lot more honest online than in real life, for better or worse.

What Guys Said 12

• I vote Option C - it depends on the question and the person because some questions are hard/impossible to answer.

I like to guide the question with a poll... I think of a variety of different responses that would be the most common and give people the option to vote for it. So most of the time just 2 options isn't good enough unless it's a very Black & White question.

Having a voting system makes everything a lot easier because you get more people to participate, because more people will vote than they will comment. Also most of my questions are based off of a consensus format & statistics, so it's like my own little private survey.

95% of all my questions have a poll in it & I usually have the exact same opinions in the poll that people are most likely going to say... but all that means nothing it really is up to you if you want to consider or accept what people are saying to you.

• I can't vote on your question, as both options are correct. You will learn, in time, which GAGers will give you an honest opinion, and out of those opinions, which ones you trust most. Sometimes you will not like an honest answer, depending on what you ask. Some answers will be obviously not meant to be taken seriously. Once you are 2Xper or higher, you can always PM those GAGers you think you can trust.

I hope you are coping with this PTSD. I know it's not fun. Been there myself.

• I won't vote on this cause it's your decision and call whether to take people seriously or not.

But yes there are those like me and loads of them here who give serious opinions as they mean and practice it :)

• At best I believe 50 / 50

• Really depends on the person and your perspective.

• It does depend on the person mostly. the context of the post says volumns too

• I went A because I think you should but really with your bullshit detector at full strength.

• You get a LOT of trolls here and people who just take the piss with legit serious questions, so be careful with believing most of the opinions you read.

• I do. The internet's the internet. Might as well choose who you choose here the same way you do in YouTube and such. 😕

Contact me if I can help with your PTSD in literally any way whatsoever, ok? 🙁

• Don't take any of this for real kid. You'll be fine.

• welcome to the human condition... what makes you think humans are always sweetness and sunshine?

• Never said they were supposed to be. And because I am usually a dollop of daisy. I hate humanity.

• Go to a professional for real assistance.

• did your friends tell you you have ptsd or did you get that inforation from an actual certified physician/dr?

• I was diagnosed with minor depression, GAD and PTSD from a psychiatrist.

• Why would I trust a friends opinion on a serious diagnosis now? That's so stupid.

• What happened for you to develop PTSD

What Girls Said 6

• Depends. If the person is being troll then you can't believe it but if someone puts in a effort and actually seems insightful then I do think there's merit in taking what that person said to heart.

• A lot of angry users here. It seems like you aren't used to this site yet. I have some people who asked me to kill myself or called me degrading names. I feel sorry for people who try to bully others online. It just shows they aren't happy with their lives.

• I'm sorry you had to go through that

• @DBAOracle: Oh lol I was talking about the guy who cursed me. About that pedo I never heard about him so far but I think he's still here. I've encountered a few older users who tried to flirt with me. Not interested honestly. Yikes.

• Yeah, he's still around. I have him blocked though.

• not always believe everything everyone says.. but if the majority of people say the same thing and it seems sensible to you then go for it

• If it's a constructive, well-thought-out, meaningful opinion then maybe you can find some value in it and use it towards your advantage. But if it's pointless just let it go and don't take it seriously.

• I have PTSD too and some people have good ideas

• I stopped taking gag seriously long time ago