Who taught these guys that this shit honestly works?

This isn't a knock at all guys, a lot of guys on G@G are super cool, super smart, super entertaining, all of that jazz. But there are others out there that never cease to amaze me.

Just today someone messaged me saying I seemed like a cool user. I simply thanked this user, and he followed up with a crude yet effortless statement: How big are your tits? They look spectacular...

When I told him he was an idiot he asked me why and what he could have said to get me to answer. After giving him a piece of my mind and blocking him, this very question came to mind: who taught these people that this kind of shit works?

So, I am asking you G@Gers: What do you believe convinces people like this that this kind of behavior works? Is it that there are women that it actually works on? Is it that they are socially stunted or misinformed? I'd like to hear what you all have to say.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there are a couple of things that drive this behaviour.

First and foremost is that they are obviously socially maladjusted. That kind of thing is not appropriate, but they don't seem to even realize it. I don't want to get into a 'this is why we still need feminism' type rant, but the fact that a lot of guys still think that they have some right to discuss a woman's body in sexual terms without any sort of permission is a cultural failure. A lot of discussion about 'rape culture' seems to miss the point that it's not simply about rape. It is about the perception that men have the right to want to talk about and access a woman's body, regardless of her thoughts on the matter. A normal human would have no interest in talking about their intimate body parts with a random stranger, but because they are made to believe that if they want it, they should be able to have it, their is a cognitive disconnect and they just plough forward with their sexual wants without thought to the effect it will have on the other person. It is a level of selfish entitlement that needs to be stopped at an education level - if you are trying to fix it person by person you will lose.

So, there's that. Then there is the fact that once in a while, it may actually work. They aren't being properly punished for making other people uncomfortable, so they just keep doing it until it works. The fact that most of the time it works because the person is actually a catfish, or someone trolling them, or someone fucking with them, is irrelevant, and lost on them completely. They got a pic of a boob. They are happy. It's Skinner Box psychology - they keep hitting the button without penalty for failure, and with even an infinitesimally small chance of success, and they will learn to just keep hitting the button over and over and over. Slot machines tap the same thing.

Because it's reinforced with operant conditioning, it is hard to get them to change. They just need to find one catfish that will play along, out of a thousand requests, and the behaviour is reinforced. The only way to stop it would be to make the penalty for poor behaviour bad enough that the conditioning will reinforce that asking sexually inappropriate questions will result in punishment and discomfort. Or to teach them that they are not entitled to simply discuss a person's body or sexual inclinations at will. That is a longer process though (albeit a better one long term).

What Guys Said 41

• i think it's a few things but i think it's primarily a lack of social class. probably learned behavior or perceived behavior from boorish time peoples

i also think that these guys are playing a numbers game. as crazy as it is they've probably have this behavior positively reinforced and thus they repeat it. so maybe 1 girl in 100 sends them a pic of their breasts and that's the reward so they ask everyone. you have to figure that if they were rejected every single time they'd eventually just give it up so someone must have sent them the pics

• If I had to imagine the thought process that goes behind it, it would probably go like this.

Guy wants to flirt/sext/etc with attractive chick.
    Guy knows that's like step 30 in the drawn out chain of building rapport/attraction
    Guy knows he won't get that far or doesn't know what steps 1-29 are
    Guy decides to go for it anyways thinking there's a slim chance it'll work.

It's the equivalent of throwing a hail mary pass. You can either try to get in the end zone by running plays to move the ball up 10 yards at a time knowing that time isn't on your side, or you can send your receiver deep hoping to make the spectacular play when the pocket is closing fast and your boy's in double coverage. If you succeed then you look amazing, but it's highly improbable to work.

• Though I think it's shitty, there's a reason they're doing that.
    Would you keep selling a product if you never manage to sell it?
    Same here, if it never worked, they wouldn't say it, but since it has worked for them in the past, they keep asking.

Or some troll told them it worked to mess with them and they're too ignorant to believe it xD

• I honestly don't think they genuinely believe it works. I think they just do it for fun to get reactions out of you.

• They are losers that act like animals online BC of no attention/infection in the real world, plus the anonymity of the net.

• What do you say we go out on a date? Have some chicken, maybe some sex. You know, see what happens... cdn.hark.com/.../original.jpg

• I upvote for the lols.

• Reality of being a guy today is that most men will play the numbers game. It is simply how you get a girl if you are not looking for a serious relationship - sometimes even if you are.

Blunt and quick tends to trump the more subtle thought through approaches in terms of actual results.

• I think it's a combination of being socially stunted and there has to be a small minority of women who respond to it for them to keep trying. You gotta admire their effort no matter how deprived and disgusting their behavior is. A lot of these guys don't talk to girls regularly either so they're just going off of porn fantasies which are linked to the internet anyway.

• The promoters of political correctness, who tell the politically correct lie that men and women think just the same.

• there are a few things

1- that's pretty hilarious. not gonna lie. crude, but funny nonetheless
    2- he can do all these steps in between to maybe possibly get it to work in about a.05% success rate.
    3- he can take the chance and just straight up ask to see if it works
    4- or he looks like an ass and gets blocked (or slapped in real life)

• I generally don't think many of them believe it works. Many of them have humiliation fetishes. That is to say they get aroused by you getting angry and shaming them, or they get aroused by imagining you being embarrassed or ashamed by what they have said.

• Ummm, some people have always heard "If you don't ask, you'll never know"
    They might've really took that to heart and applied that to everything.

• Unfortunately society today as a whole is like this there are horrible influences in influential places, bad examples and all sorts of crap in today's world that is seen as normal and or ok, it has corrupted people and ruined this generation.

• they are idiots and don't realize that they would get much easier to their dirty talk if they would put some effort into a normal conversation first. instead they harass dozens of people in the hope for one to bite. in if you find one who does it's probably a catfish lol.

I've seen a few real girls here who are like that too and after that type the guys are probably... but they are quite rare

• I'm not surprised that girls are like that too to be honest.

• As per what @YepThatsIt says, if a guy has a thick enough skin, he can say that sort of stuff to 100 girls and it'll be worth it if just one of them likes it and puts out.

• I think they just don't care at all, and even if it doesn't work they get some kind of a thrill out of it.

• I think it probably works at like a rate of 1 out of 200, but it is still worth it for them.

• Well this is because in real life they cannot do this kinda stuff
    Like he'll not ask the same question to her friend or neighbor etc.
    So they think why shouldn't they do that shit here where people are thousand miles away
    And nobody can complain their parents lol : p

• You seem like a cool user OP..

• There are 2 reasons: works on girls with no stadards so they assume it works on every girl and they can't get a girl irl so they try stupid shit on the internet.

• I don't think they think it works. They are just trollin around and acting like nothing will happen if and so it's easy to say that BS but if it works they got a win win (just don't let it work ok). There are only few who practice this behavoiur in real life as far as I know

• I am just going to say it - I haven't a clue - I have thought about but I haven't got within a million miles of what I would consider a good reason for it but I do get annoyed because I somehow feel it reflects badly on the male gender like the girl won't remember the 10 decent guys she interacted with on the site platonically that day just the one pervy asshole.

• What's funny, is it's more like 10 pervy assholes and one decent guy. Literally, I've met few decent men on this site who approach me and 100 more of the pervy assholes.

• I think it's kind of like spammers and how they send 1000000 spam messages... and if they get 1 reply... great!

• No idea? I can't tell anything from that pic, so you might have skeeter bites or whatever.

Sorry that happened to you, but its the internet. You are gonna get socially ackward weirdos, trolls just trying to piss you off, and of course those perfect "alpha" males that are allover the place.
    Good luck :P

• Both. There are some girls who answer direct questions. Guys also tend to not have a filter when they are on a relatively anonymous site.

• You seem like a cool user... so how big are your tits?

• Lol. Original.

• And the honest reply is: There are plenty of guys and girls who are stupid. Just that guys are more likely to be active and risk-taking and thus witnessing the guys stupidity is quite a lot more common. It stems from several factors, but mostly a lack of empathy and understanding of the differences between guys and girls (if there weren't we wouldn't need this website). For guys simple visuals are appealing and talking sexual is quite easily done and thus they assume it is the same for girls.

• Good response.

• They are trying to be dominant and direct... it works sometimes, but not always, so that sometimes is good enough for them...

• It comes across idiotic, not dominant. Dominant is being able to take control, not: Hey. You're cool. So tits?

Literally it's laughable.

• Oh yes I know... this thing wasn't direct or dominant, I mean messaging random strangers on internet for tits is never dominant it may be direct... but the guy might be thinking it was. Then again it's internet so he knows he won't have many repercussions for being like that

• This is a fair point my friend.

• Either they're just fuckboys, or lack self composure lol.

• Some do it only for kicks

• I guess he wasn't taught women don't like to be objectified...

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 5

• ... but... they said you're cool. surely that warrants a boob pic.

lol. dudes are so dumb. really, really, REALLY dumb. they seem to think that giving someone a compliment means that you're suddenly amenable to answering personal questions like that. quid pro quo.

• They know it doesn't work!!! Here is my theory lol. They message these things so you will be appalled and shame them and thats what turns them on cause being shamed for something is a sexual kink for some people like humiliation or whatever it is called.

Then on the off chance it could work if a female user is on here horny and looking to sext or whatever, I did see a female user say she sexted with a lot of different male users here for fun so i guess it is a possibility it will work.

I get weird messages like this and i have no picture up there so honestly it is more of a shock and thrill thing and then maybe a humiliation kink cause they know the girl will shame them

• It's the Internet, they can easily get away acting foolish.

• Thats a very good question, I guess I never thought about it. But you're right, the idea that idiotic tactics like that may work got into their brain SOMEHOW.

• Idek it pisses me off