What has GAG taught you?

Gag has taught me to remain calm from things I dislike

like for example: Men getting with younger girls

people who are desperate etc

and I appreciate gag for that

so what has gag taught you?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's taught me to take the internet even less serious than I previously already did. Most of the issues and topics on this site don't even impact everyday life. It's just typical dramatic internet junk.

• thank you

"like for example: Men getting with younger girls" that one still bothers me though, I mean like the 15-16 year old girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• -that people can have foot fetishes

-that some people like to go crazy about the word "alpha"

-that there's lots of desperate losers on the net. I guess not new, but def a frequent reminder.

What Girls Said 12

• Mmmm yeah same as you, for the first part, to ignore the hate as-well, and that at the end of the day, as much as we want to deny it, everything depends on "Looks"...

• That after the age of 30 you turn into a shriveled up prune and die lolol

• GaG has taught me that people are as crazy as you can imagine. And it's taught me that people are as funny and down to earth as in the movies. It's also taught me that trolls/or legit Indian men REALLY fear foreign women disliking them.

• GaG has taught me nothing new that I don't already know about the Internet.

• GaG has also taught me to remain calm as well as the following:

*unless people know another users back story, one cannot say they really know a person here just based on their opinions
    *people have hidden insecurities for which they use forums like GaG for a release
    *the world is still a popularity contest

• GAG TAUGHT ME TO EXPRESS MYSELF MORE OFTEN BECAUSE ITS BEAUTIFUL! And you guys all seem to like me! Again, I am working on it!

• That people have a good view about us Pakistani women 😉 Apart from that it has taught me how we have so many things in common even though we belong to different places, cultures and religions and this should be used in a positive manner!

• It has proven to me that there are many people out there that are screwed up more then I ever will be.

• To never trust a guy with dimples 😒

• That trolls with too much idle time on their hands run the Internet

• Gag has taught more about what guys like, how to overcome break ups, and how to maintain relationships in general ( whether it's social, romantic, or family&friends).

• GAG has taught me that there is a lot of bitter people on the internet

What Guys Said 22

• Gag has taught me when to refrain from giving my opinion. Not everyone is willing to hear your point of view even when they ask for it. Not everyone will understand it or appreciate it. And many people are quick to act defensively if they interpret your opinion as a personal attack. How you write something isn't always how they will read it. And sometimes your opinion just isn't necessary or helpful and is best left unspoken/written

Gag has also taught me to question my own opinions. I've learned a lot just from stepping back and reading my own posts from years ago or even checking something before I hit send. Sometimes I completely disagree with myself or I can see where something just doesn't make sense. I often notice where my own biases have skewed my opinions.

I also think gag has helped me realize just how alike people are. I see the same question written over and over again in different ways. Or the same kind of personalities bleeding through a person's style of writing. The same anxieties and insecurities. The same curiosities and pains.

Most of all GAG has taught me how easy it is to waste several hours on the internet over and over and over despite knowing you have better things to do.

• It's taught me that girls aren't getting approached and asked out nearly as much as I thought, they're not as shallow as I originally made them out to be, some of them actually find me attractive, and that their apparent disinterest may not actually be disinterest but insecurity and social conditioning to be passive and deferent.

• GAG has not taught me that I should be more careful while interacting with teenagers and that too by private messaging because they tend to think differently and react impulsively to the words, so I have understood that I need to be more careful and stay more patient while interacting with them.

Please note: No offence to any teenagers here, I am just expressing myself

• It has taught me not to take things at face value. Someone moping about their life problems may not always be an need for advice. It's just as likely to be a simple cry for attention.

• GAG has taught me how to be a savage when the need arises. :P And it has made me realize a number of things, like:

- That the depth of human stupidity knows no limitation.
    - That women in general are not as superficial as society and the media likes to portray them to be.
    - And that women can be just as, if not more, clueless about the opposite gender as men. :P

• Actually first two "realizations", I actually already realized this. GAG just reinforced what I knew lol

• its taught me that as bad as guys can be sometimes when it comes to being creepy, girls can be equally bad when it comes to their propensity for seeking attention by any means necessary

• GAG has taught me always to expect my pants to get wet when I fart.

• Very good question - I am not been obscure but I know I am a better person after my time on GaG, I am just not sure why but I can see a big difference between the person that joined and the person typing this - Timewise it hasn't been that long but attitude wise it has been quite a big step.

• That people have the same problems they've always had. Whi to trust, how to relate to people, how to deal with disappointment and rejection. All the same problems over and over.

• Lots of human tendencies. Gag has been a human ant farm for me. I really appreciate having a glimpse at people's thoughts and perspectives. A lot of times I can tell only people with certain (socially appropriate) opinions will comment. Other times the crowd will tend to follow a specific trend. I've basically seen more of people's behavior without me influencing it like if I was with them in person.

• That all men are packing 10inch monsters and women are evil feminazis!

... the usual.

• Don't spend too much time on the Internet since most of the people who express their views here are not the representation of the majority.

• It has taught me that a majority of society really lacks substance and is totally egocentric. People either seem to have very little self worth and they are constantly seeking the approval of strangers OR Their self love and infatuation with themselves is so grotesquely displayed that I actually feel embarrassed for them. 10 years ago most of what we now consider "normal behavior" would have fast tracked people into psychiatric care. I'm from the tail end of Generation X, and I keep thinking about how drastically different our culture is compared to the 80s and 90s and it's not fucking good! I got my degree in Telecommunications but I loved studying Sociology and Philosophy in college. I truly believe that if society doesn't seriously "build a bridge and get over itself", then we're going to be headed for a society of sociopaths.

• that almost every guy and girl are insecure

• That variety is the spice of life.

• Lol not a damn thing.

• Mostly a few tips about what girls in general typically want in a man.

• its taught me there are weirder people in the world than me.. thank god

• To never fall for the wrong girl again

• That women aren't as evil I thought they were prior to joining, they actually have feelings, insecurities and emotions.

They're also more loose than I thought but this seems like a trait that is common among American women of all races.

• Umm how to treat strangers I guess
    And many more

• people will suck up to strangers