How would you react if GAG removed the anonymous function?

Questions previously made anonymous could stay anon but any new posts from this point on could not be anonymous.

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't affect me personally because I never use the anonymous function.

Generally speaking I think it should be kept. Yes, there will be trolls and whatever - but seriously trolls are trolls. If your self-esteem is this fragile you probably shouldn't be on the internet to begin with.
    On the other hand anonity makes it possible for people to answer on things they normally wuold avoid answering to. Controversial opinions which everyone has the right to state, sexual things they might be ashamed of, asking questions which could possible come out if they weren't anonym, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like the anonymous feature for people who have had harassment issues on the site or want to protect their privacy. I don't like it for people who use it to troll and harass people.

I wouldn't care for myself though. I so rarely use it there'd be no change.

What Guys Said 34

• Wouldn't affect me at all since I've never gone anon. I think it should stay though. Yea it can be abused, but I think because of the nature of this site, and the personal questions that are asked here, that if people feel more comfortable asking anonymously then they should be able to. I think it's an important feature. The same applies to answering questions, but maybe not as important as asking.

• I think that would probably mean less Trolling opportunities that would go unreported.

Maybe less spamming abuse too?

Either way I really don't give a fuck about it since it's something I really would have no control over anyway, since I don't own this website.

I think the "Anonymous" option is best suitable for the Sexual Health and Sexual Behavior sections of this site since some people may feel much more embarrassed with asking questions relevant to those topics and subjects. But that's just from my perspective.

• In which case I think a lot of opinions that could come by will be lost forever :) There are askers who allow anon opinions, why take away their privilege. Also that an asker has the choice of allowing or disallowing anon opinions :)

• Thank you for the up vote young lady :)

lol I didn't say how I'd react ha ha. Well guess I won't opine on those questions where I prefer being anon which is by and large scarce :D

• I'd be all for it. There are few instances where the questions or answers are really sensitive or embarrassing.

I'd suggest a LIMIT of one anonymous question per day. Totally eliminating them might be a bridge too far.

• I love the idea of abolishing it. Cowards that hit and run would no longer be able to hide behind annon

• If that happened, I'd only answer but never ask questions! :p

• Why the heck not? How many of your questions are in any way embarrassing or reveal details about you? I'd bet VERY few.

The out of control anonymity here just encourages and breeds trolls and racists...

• No, it's like I post a couple of anonymous questions every month!

But whenever I have to mention my issues, I also go anonymous while answering questions.

• Check this one outwww.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1834351-why-do-i-have-so-much-fun-trolling-on-here-sometimes

Besides all he racist anonymous rants, there are many like this guy.. just trolling out of boredom, posting pictures of random girls and asking "How do I look?' type questions... I think a good percentage of the anonymous QA's aren't even genuine, let alone reflecting any really sensitive situations.

• wouldn't care lol.

• I would applaud them. I'm tired of the pussy ass anonymous in this site, they'd do us a favor if they remove that function, as well as the blocking system.

• I know it is a small number but there are questions that have to be anon (personal private stuff) so I feel there has to be a forum for them. Maybe a whole new set of rules and checks on anon posts is needed rather than a ban.

• www.raptorsrepublic.com/.../meh_cat.jpg

There would be esy less questions on here so doubt that ever happens.

• The site usage would considerably drop! Not everyone wants to have a tracable username for ALL their written content here!

• Nowadays, it would be pretty much the same to me, but I'm certain many users would just quit in protest.

• Good riddance, no more trolls, racists, people who just want to insult those who disagree with them

• My betaboys wouldn't be able to try to provoke me then lol

• Wouldn't care. Rarely use it.

• I'd be so happy.

• Make a new profile and name it anonymous! :D

• I would be very glad if they ban anon I'm sick of troll know all best oh please. So I can know who they are.

• i would be in favour, personally i never go anon,

• It won't matter to me as such.

• Bad idea. The best thing you can do is report offending anonymous posts.

• Makes no difference to me as I don't use the function anyway, but maybe still have the ability to ask 1 anon question per day and asker comments to be anon, but all other comments etc must show user name...

Pretty sure I'll get down voted by the age haters... such is life..

• Either the troll's of GAG would leave out of fear, being cowardly and GAG would be a better place.

Or

GAG would become poisoned by the scum of the earth, rampent in abhorrence.
    Where any decent person would be scolded and spat out.

Basically the YouTube comments.

• I wouldn't like it...

• I hardly ever went anon on my last account and I haven't gone anon once since I came back.
    I'd honestly be a little disappointed though. Yeah, we'd get rid of the trolls, but we'd also lose all the questions that people can only be comfortable with asking anonymously.

• It'd be a dream come true.

• Finally 😀

• Continue eating cake without carrying :)

• would love that... I rarely use it myself and many anons troll... but I can see why they keep it

• id see who my haters are. lol theyd be nicer those cowards

• To many people hide behind Anon when they challenge me lol.

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 20

• No problem, I barely use the feature anyways, I don't need it.

• It wouldn't make a difference to me.

• I don't like that idea. It might deter people who have serious but sensitive questions from asking them and getting help. Sure, some people ask silly pointless things, but I think a strength of this website is the freedom to ask a lot anonymous and respond anonymous. It's unique.

• I would be happy and than I want see all the people who downvote me! Take that feature out haha! See how they hate than.

• That would suck, because there would be much less questions, and even less answers.

• That would be bad, really bad.

• Doesn't really matter. I don't use it

• I would be happy then there would be a massive drop in trolling.

• Fine by me. No one on here knows who I am anyway, so I already have a certain anonymity whenever I post and ask questions. I've never used the anonymous function because it doesn't matter to me if people link things to my account.

• I wouldn't know what to do with GaG anymore 😐😐

• I wouldn't care, I don't really use it. And I don't allow anon on my questions anyways.

• *chants*

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!! 👏🏽👏🏽

I think Gag will be very low of users 😐

• I would be ecstatic! I hate the anonymous feature.

• It wouldn't change anything for me, if i'm too embarrassed to say it then I just don't say it at all lol

The only time i've used it is for old questions that I want disavowed.

• I very very rarely go on anon, so I wouldn't be too upset. I would imagine the site would lose a lot of it's user base though.

• might cause me to phrase things differently and maybe avoid certain question
    but overall, i'd still be hated

• Awww! Well I like you!

• @BellePepper - haha, thanks! i've actually said quite a few controversial things here that could easily be taken the wrong way unless you truly understood where i was coming from and how i got to that point. so i'm surprised i even have followers, lol.

• It's the internet. Everyone's said something. The best thing to do is keep doing your best and growing as an individual :)

• I wouldn't care

• Wouldn't care, I don't use it

• I wouldn't care. I haven't used anonymous for so long.

• I'd appreciate it a lot 😊😊