Do you deliberately avoid answering a question if you see it already has MHO?

If I'm iffy on answering and see it already has MHO, I will skip it since a lot of people will not bother to read my post. If I'm really interested I'll still answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeap. For me it means his queries are answered so I tend to skip questions that already have MHOs and help other GaGers rather. I think it's efficient that way. :)

But yeah, if the topic is really interesting, I still give my opinion regardless of the MHOs.

Most Helpful Guy

• I answer it anyway, although I will admit I don't post a long answer on questions with MHO already given.

What Girls Said 12

• nah I'll answer a question if I feel like I've got a worthwhile opinion on it whether the MHO has already been selecetd or not.
    I also thought that GaG made a change in that your MHO percentage will no longer be affected if you leave an opinion on a question for which it has already been selected?

(yup, checked the FAQ and sure enough-
    Your MHO% is not affected if you post an opinion to a question which has the MHO selected for your gender. Likewise, your MHO% is not affected until the question asker selectes MHO for your gender.
    For example, if you shared 150 Opinions on 150 Questions, and 100 questions' MHOs were selected after you post an opinion, and out of these 100 selections 50 of your opinions were selected MHO, your MHO% would be 50% (50 out of 100).)

• No, if I think I have something insightful to say that nobody else has said yet (so I won't just end up repeating the words of others) I will answer it anyway. I'm mostly here to help, have fun and be sarcastic. I'm not here for the xper or the MHO.

• The problem is most people won't be reading or commenting once there is an MHO

• The asker might still since they'll still get notifications for the question, even when MHO has been chosen. And it might be insightful for someone else who's going through something similar. To me it doesn't really matter.

• If the answer is really good and/or exactly what I was thinking-then yea, I'll click back to the feed.

• I still answer!

• It all Depends on the Question at hand, @martyfellow. If I feel like just answering it to make a point, then I will give it a try and most of the time, get an Upvote and even a kind comment.
    Good luck. xx

• No once I click on a question I answer it, I don't even pay attention most of the time.

• Nah, I'll still answer, maybe with a short answer if people have already provided similar opinions, otherwise I'll go ahead and drop my own comment on it

• I usually don't even know if the MHO has already been selected when I answer questions. So, nope.

• If I feel I can actually help the person I will put my bit in. But I don't avoid questions if they have an MH already, no.

• Yea I don't really answer questions when an mho is selected. I mean why? He has what he is looking for and if I don't have a chance to get mho then idc to answer.

• I used to because it would mess up my mho% but now I'll still answer.

• Sometimes yeah!

What Guys Said 5

• I immediately think "what form of lump-headed dullard could possibly have awarded MHO knowing full-well a submission from me could yet be forthcoming?" Only a vapid miscreant would behave thusly, and I'll avoid their posts as I would a virulent sack of rat feces! ; - )

• Nope. I chip in with my $0.02 worth. I've had askers say that mine was better but they'd already selected an MHG and it can't be changed.

• I will answer it regardless - Especially since new upgrade your MHO percentage is not affected - Anyways I am rarely using the feed and tend to be deep in topics answering hours old questions, I don't expect that much exposure for my answer apart from the asker. For me the psychology of the interaction on a question is between the asker and opinion maker or anyone joining in on that interaction, for some reason I don't factor in other people reading it, why I am not too sure?

• I tend to go for the widest audience when I'm posting, a different philosophy!

• "Especially since new upgrade your MHO percentage is not affected"
      I also do it because of this, when I have something to add, even if it's not that important, but different from the rest.

• Sometimes unless it is a really interesting question

• I don't care if it has a MHO chosen. I just wanna answer if the question is something simple and help if it's something more complex.