Gurus, do you purposely try to gain less exp so that you wouldn't become master?

Like, I tried really hard to become a guru and now that I am one I'm completely not looking forward to being a master. That yellow badge is just awful and ugly.

Most Helpful Guy

• You may remember I had my doubts about becoming a master but after a while you grow to like it. The yellow badge is like an ugly pet "Yes it is hideous but it is MY ugly pet and I like it".

• Forgot to mention when I was becoming Master - The top tens had Gurus on them and there was a couple of cases of people who just stopped around 49.5 thousand.

• Hahaha so true

• Thanks for MHG

What Girls Said 5

• haha! Yay! lol! Nah I am trying but not trying! i wish G@G could name me queen!

• I don't care too much about my status on this site. I just want my gift cards on amazon.

• I never thought about that. I saw some Gurus who become Masters and I'm planning on being one too.
    I still have a long way to go, but I want to get there.
    So, I'm not trying to gain less Xper on purpose.

• i actually want to slow down my xper count so i hold off becoming Guru as long as possible. but GaG is just too addicting...

• Why not be guru?

• i'm used to seeing a number next to my name
      i was also hoping to hold out on Guru until my 3rd GaG anniversary next spring

• Not long ago I was aiming to become guru right before my first but I was late by two or so weeks.

• Not really. It's not a problem, i still have plenty a ways to go.

What Guys Said 5

• If you focus less on a title and more about providing genuine opinions and advice, this website experience will be more rewarding. Just because I've answered questions doesn't make me a Guru. Excellence needs no title.

• I know I know, it's just that if I answer I don't want some fugly title next to my avatar.

• It's too late for meeeeeee

• So you don't like it?

• Oh I'm indifferent especially considering on my inverted view, it shows the badge in blue, with the text white in it. So I think it's totally okay

The yellow badge is ugly but hey, so is the #FFFFFF background.

• What? I don't care what level I'm at. I just wanna see what problems other people experience, try to answer the questions, and just enjoy being here. Guru or master I don't care.

• Nope... actually I'd like to be Master coz I can ask 5 questions instead of 3... otherwise I don't give a shit... after all nobody's gonna see ma badge since I go always anonymous hahahahaha...

• Fuck I read Guys instead of Gurus... anyway still if I was a Guru 1 question more'd be fine...

• Who cares about gag vanity