I just noticed you can flag people for their grammar?

It's just a really weird thing you'd be flagging lmao, why even bother

Most Helpful Guy

• bad grammar, gross misspellings, and people who write in a convoluted way that make no sense, are all things that bug me. none are things you should flag for. honestly, i hate a flagging system, except for when used against obvious spam or obvious threats. checking what you write before hitting submit is not that hard.

i'm surprised i don't get flagged constantly, thought. i don't bother to capitalize 90% of the time...

Most Helpful Girl

• It's to avoid people writing in ridiculous ways - mybee lyk dis or LIKE THIS WHICH, WELL, YOU CAN IMAGINE THREE PARAGRAPHS IN CAPITALS WITHOUT ANY LINE SPACING BETWEEN THEM WOULD GET RATHER IRRITATING TO TRY TO READ :P I think it's just a way of helping to clean up the site and make it easier for everyone, especially as things like all capitals can make things very difficult for people with reading difficulties.

What Guys Said 9

• What do you mean why even bother? You're saying we just wrait laik dis all da taim? In THAT case why bother if you're not serious?

• I think the nonsense and the grammar ones are a catchall reason when you are not sure of what reason to use.

• Flagging people? means what exactly?

• the "grammar" flag/remove feature is mainly for those people who type in ALL CAPS, or have a 10 line run-on sentence!

• You're kidding? Wow. Let the flags fly! lol

• That makes no sense because 99% of people online have terrible grammar. I'd get reported all day along with everyone else if it was wrong to use bad grammar.

• Only time it's reported is when the offending material doesn't make much sense, but I report it under nonsense, not very often do I use the grammar one.

• I've never reported anyone before. Would the other person get told, that they got flagged?

• @Jessie1DLM Only if the admin approves the report.

• You forgot to use a full stop at the end of your sentence.

That's a paddlin'.

• Auto correct puts some words in Dutch so I hope they make a exception for that.

What Girls Said 11

• It's usually related to when people say things like "wh4t3v3r" type of thing lol

• It's not just grammar.. it's to avoid questions that are all in all caps or written in a way that makes it completely non understandable.

• Yeah! I am probably getting flagged right now!

• Sometimes, what someone has posted becomes unreadable almost because of grammar. That's why it's there. If users can barely understand an opinion, comment, or question, it's pointless keeping it.

• Because people on here have nothing else to do.

• It's been an option for a long time now

• I never noticed it before. Not that i'm reporting a lot.

• um if you do you're really stupid

• Some people would actually do that I bet

• because pepz tht tlk lyk dis iz annying.

Enough said.

• It's mostly just to be used when a post is completely illegible / no one can understand what's being said or asked. It's not for grammar nazis upset about some spelling mistakes or a couple run-on sentences.

I believe posts that are typed in all caps are also eligible to be reported...