I just noticed you can flag people for their grammar?

It's just a really weird thing you'd be flagging lmao, why even bother

0|0
12|10

Most Helpful Guy

• bad grammar, gross misspellings, and people who write in a convoluted way that make no sense, are all things that bug me. none are things you should flag for. honestly, i hate a flagging system, except for when used against obvious spam or obvious threats. checking what you write before hitting submit is not that hard.

i'm surprised i don't get flagged constantly, thought. i don't bother to capitalize 90% of the time...

2|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's to avoid people writing in ridiculous ways - mybee lyk dis or LIKE THIS WHICH, WELL, YOU CAN IMAGINE THREE PARAGRAPHS IN CAPITALS WITHOUT ANY LINE SPACING BETWEEN THEM WOULD GET RATHER IRRITATING TO TRY TO READ :P I think it's just a way of helping to clean up the site and make it easier for everyone, especially as things like all capitals can make things very difficult for people with reading difficulties.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• What do you mean why even bother? You're saying we just wrait laik dis all da taim? In THAT case why bother if you're not serious?

2|0
    0|0
  • I think the nonsense and the grammar ones are a catchall reason when you are not sure of what reason to use.

0|0
    0|0
  • Flagging people? means what exactly?

0|0
    0|0
  • the "grammar" flag/remove feature is mainly for those people who type in ALL CAPS, or have a 10 line run-on sentence!

0|0
    0|0
  • You're kidding? Wow. Let the flags fly! lol

0|0
    0|0
  • That makes no sense because 99% of people online have terrible grammar. I'd get reported all day along with everyone else if it was wrong to use bad grammar.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only time it's reported is when the offending material doesn't make much sense, but I report it under nonsense, not very often do I use the grammar one.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've never reported anyone before. Would the other person get told, that they got flagged?

• @Jessie1DLM Only if the admin approves the report.

• You forgot to use a full stop at the end of your sentence.

That's a paddlin'.

1|0
    0|0
  • Auto correct puts some words in Dutch so I hope they make a exception for that.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• It's usually related to when people say things like "wh4t3v3r" type of thing lol

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not just grammar.. it's to avoid questions that are all in all caps or written in a way that makes it completely non understandable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah! I am probably getting flagged right now!

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, what someone has posted becomes unreadable almost because of grammar. That's why it's there. If users can barely understand an opinion, comment, or question, it's pointless keeping it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people on here have nothing else to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's been an option for a long time now

0|0
    0|0
  • I never noticed it before. Not that i'm reporting a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • um if you do you're really stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people would actually do that I bet

0|0
    0|0
  • because pepz tht tlk lyk dis iz annying.

Enough said.

3|0
    0|0
  • It's mostly just to be used when a post is completely illegible / no one can understand what's being said or asked. It's not for grammar nazis upset about some spelling mistakes or a couple run-on sentences.

I believe posts that are typed in all caps are also eligible to be reported...

1|0
    0|0