Why do people block me for being crippled?

Every time I befriend someone here, they end up blocking me when I tell them that I am in a wheelchair. They ask to see pictures of me and when I show them and tell them about my wheelchair, they block me or stop talking to me. Why do people do this? :'( I'm always nice to whomever I talk to.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe they liked you and was hoping to form a relationship with you, but weren't prepared to be in a relationship with someone in a wheelchair. I am not in a wheelchair and had a similar case. Someone wanted a picture of me and then stopped talking to me after I sent one. I thought we were just friends, but I guess not being her type was enough to make her not want to be my friend anymore. I can't think of any other reason why someone would have a problem being online friends with a person in a wheelchair.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, and I'm sorry you have experienced this. This isn't a dating site, so the chances of meeting are slim to non so I'm not sure why they block you after pictures, perhaps they can't look beyond the chair and therefor have no idea what to say. It's pretty ignorant.

What Guys Said 10

• Tough one the answer I want to give and hope is right is fear of something new, there are people who can't handle it. The other possible answers annoy me and I am really sorry if anyone has done this to you but as I say I hope it is the first reason I gave.

• thats fucked up. fuck em, they're just douchebags.

• The same happens with me over my mental illness

• Wow thats very rude and shallow. I don't know why sotry tonear that. We all have our own problems. Nobody is perfect.

• That's actually really shitty.

I am very sorry to hear that. :(

• that is an odd one, maybe just shallow people, i wouldn't let them get to you

• There are some pretty disgusting people out there. Don't take it to seriously

• Cuz they can't sleep with you so what's the point in talking to you

• Some people are assholes

• If people block you because you are in wheelchair, then they aren't worth your time

• What assholes.

Sorry, there isn't a good explanation for that behavior.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm sorry for that, girlie, you will find all kinds of people on here, but look at it from a brighter angle. Now, you don't need to waste your time on shallow people who only want to use you. I hope one day you find someone mature and able to see the wonderful person you are. ^-^

• I've no clue as to why they'd stop talking to you or even blocking you. But I do know for sure that those people are mean. I'd never do that to any one, a dear friend of mine was a truck driver and he got in a terrible wreck in his early 20s lost his whole leg and his pelvic bone is peiced together he's now in his 50s and climbs a tree to go hunting! Don't let ignorant people hurt you, they're not worth the trouble.

• They're blocking you because they're mentally crippled.

• Honesty it may be not because you are in a wheelchair. Maybe it's because they just don't know you.
    Or people are just shallow and just not nice. Sorry.

• Some people are just judgmental idiots who fear things that aren't familiar to them. I'm sure you're a sweet heart, so when people do that to you just remember that they're probably way too narrow minded to be any good as a friend anyway.

• Some people are just to judgmental.

• That's just mean!!!

• They're douchebags.

• some people just are terrible people can't handle someone that is different