Do you actually care about someone's MHO score?

When someone gives good... or bad, advice or responses to your questions/takes, does it really matter to you about their MHO score? Do you respond more favorably to someone who comments if their MHO score is higher, than if it's like 8% or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• MHO score has seldom anything to do with how good or bad the answerer is :)

A level 3 person could well have a 60% MHO while a Level 9 could be 20% but again the level 9 has opined and probably usefully more than the level 3 :)

It's subjective :)

• Thank you for both the up vote and selecting my opinion the MHO young lady :) your kind and generous gesture stands most appreciated :)

Most Helpful Girl

• MHO means nothing. At most, it means you reply very little. If you reply regularly the sheer statistics mean you won't get MHO high at all.

What Guys Said 8

• I try to give solid advice regardless if they have a high MHO average of rock bottom. I really don't care about their scores

• I don't even pay attention to what percentage of someone's answers got voted as MHO. I respond more favorably to the user who gave me the greatest or most helpful answer to my question. That's pretty much it.

• I would tend to notice those details afterwards - If I read an opinion and I thought that it was interesting/wise/good advice I would look at who gave it, if they really intrigued me I might read their profile then taking all their stats in.

• It's all irrelevant to me but I do look twice when they got a rating over like 50% and they've been here awhile

• I don't pay attention to that at all, but just read the comments and decide if it is valuable or not based on that.

• I think it's kind of cool when people think what you said was the best. yay me.

• i do not even care about mine

• no I don't really care up there score is. Some people might be good at giving advice about certain things but not other things

What Girls Said 7

• Lol yes actually it does matter to me. I don't give MH to people because their percentage is high or low and I want to help them out or to show favoritism. I just select whoever I honestly put in the most effort or who had the best opinion or advice.

But as for MH scores/percentiles yes I care. I'm pretty competitive and I'm trying to get the lowest xper rank and become #1. So yes it does kind of annoy me when some people have high percentiles when it's only do to the fact that they've gotten MH but they barely leave any opinions. Or they don't put in any effort when giving advice and yet they still get MH because idiot QAs are in a rush to select MH right after they ask the question. Or the opinion owners barely say anything but they collect enough xper points by simply saying two words under each and every question.

I'll never give someone MH unless they deserve it and I wish everyone else would do the same 😒

• Or like for f*** sake they're sitting here giving away 250xper points every week to people that don't even deserve them simply because there xper percent is high but it's not due to the fact that they've worked hard and earned them they're simply new to the site and got about three Most Helpfuls... That's some straight bullsh*t!

• I mean, depending on the person's Xper level and MHO percentage, it can show if the person typically provides insightful responses on this site, but it's not the only thing to consider. I'll take everyone's opinion into consideration, no matter rank on MHO or Xper.

• YES I DO! xoxo!

• Ah no, doesn't really matter to me.

• doesn't matter to me because a lot of times, it doesn't have to do with the quality of answer. it could be for things like:

*sheer detail of answer
    *they're a newer user
    *opinion agrees with question asker
    *person is question asker's friend

as long as it answers the question, that's all i care about

• I don't even look at them

• Care about someone else's MH score? I don't even worry about my own score.