Why do people on this site suck up so much?

do you think the popular people on this site actually like people sucking up to them and acting inferior? if they do they're deeply narcissistic.

everyone is special stop acting like other people are more special than you it makes me sick.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I believe nobody is better or worse than me. I haven’t met any of the “popular” people here on GAG – probably because I am a relatively new member – but I have noticed that, when it comes to interactive websites like this, that is easier to “follow than lead.” By that, I mean it is easier for some individuals to act as meek as possible, so they don’t offend anybody and thus “fly low-radar.” I have met a couple of those types of people before, and I have humored them as much as I could until their true nature seeped through and I took note of it. I don’t change my persona or attitude just because I am on the internet and “behind a screen.” It takes up too much of my energy acting like someone I am not just to appease a mass of particular like-minded people. If someone doesn’t like me or how I think, sucks to be them. I just let it slide right off… no need to be upset because a certain amount of people don’t like you…

• exactly! i'm glad you started using the site : )

• Thank you! I am glad I discovered it… thank God for Facebook advertisements.

• haha what a way to find this site. i can't even remember what brought me here. how do you like it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I will expand your question a little if I feel people are being false to me which is what sucking up basically is I think my estimation of the person will lower a bit. If I feel they are being genuine, I will happily interact with them. People come across in different ways here we have the full range from super nice to gruff but when you get to the real person underneath and it is genuine, you are more likely to respond to them.

What Girls Said 7

• That's a good question... All I know is that it certainly doesn't apply to me. In fact about 30% of the people on this site hate me and I could care less :)

• Awww, but you're so awesome.

Honestly, though, I haven't paid attention to all of that. I'm nice to pretty much everyone and answer questions and comments as best as I can. Maybe some people just want some of their own recognition if they are sucking up to others.

• which is actually disgusting... to not realize your own human greatness to that extent

• I'm not saying it's right. I'm just trying to figure out why users would do it. That is sad, of course. They shouldn't have to latch into others. However, some people don't see their importance. It happens often.

• ohh ok you're ok then :)

• Hear hear! Opinions are like assholes.

• I see it sometimes, but it doesn't matter to me.

• I wish I could find someone on this site worth sucking up to.

• pavlove. you so purty.

• Well i have not seen one person worth sucking up to and even if they were that great i still wouldn't, why do people take this site so seriously? like they have nothing more important going on in their god damn lives gees.

What Guys Said 9

• I haven't really noticed this before. I certainly wouldn't want any of that. Sure recognition and attention is fine, who doesn't like that? But people sucking up to you? Pathetic.

• Okay.. okay I'm sorry for being such an ass kissing bitch ass nigga man #ItWontHappenAgain >_<

• Gag attacks attractive women as attention whores often too

and yes guys kiss ass ALL THE TIME here. smh lol

• xD the GAG waters are infested with leeches

• cool story bro... you're 23 and you still see life in cool/nerd terms.. haha... grow some balls whilst you're at it.

• I feel everything I say online is what I would say offline. (in the very least, how I honestly feel)

• Girls are way more popular than guys... does this mean they are superior?

All men should be misogynists. A woman is supposed to be seen and not heard. My wife knows not to speak unless she's spoken to, if she does speak outa line, she knows there's consequences. I'm the man in my relationship and I control every move that she makes. She better NEVER USE THE PHONE unless I know who she's talking to. She's not allowed to make eye contact with anyone... ever.

She isn't going to have friends or see her family unless I tell her she can. She does not get called by her first name, if I need something it's woman get me this, woman do that. Women are to be kept in silence their eyes should be downcast. They should not leave the house without the permission of a man.

A woman's purpose is to cook, clean and be good in bed. A woman is nothing more than a sex object, a baby-making machine and a personal maid.

Praising them is stupid and gay.

• this is obviously a woman pretending to be a mysoginist male lol

• Hey I'm not the GURU on this website!! xD

• I'm sure you're surprised that some men AREN'T brainwashed by feminism and neoliberal agendas.

• This is, in my opinion, a feel good community. Everyone is super nice and vote on the currently correct ideals.

• but they such up to particular users even to me and that's wrong

• B-but you are such a cool and awesome person! Notice me senpai!

• I am true