Who should be thankful for MHO: the question asker or the opinion owner?

I notice sometimes that the person who gets the MHO says ‘thank you’ but shouldn’t the question asker be thankful for receiving a helpful opinion? Is it necessary for the opinion owner to say ‘thank you’?

• question asker
  • opinion owner
  • both

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I see what you mean but at the same time a lot of opinions could be helpful so you're lucky that he/she picked yours over someone else's.

Also there's the fact that not all of the questions on this site are asking for advice some are fun and random and just like to here our personal opinion so it's more so a random selection or who said what the QA wanted to here.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• It depends on the question. If my question is trivial, like, how many shoes do you own? Then I won't say I'm thankful for the answer.
    But if I really needed advice or got a great answer regarding a deep question, then I'm extremely thankful.
    If anyone gives me mho, I'm sure to thank them.

• I thank them sometimes. They just gave me 7 points more towards the goal of getting the fuck off this site.

• Both benefit because the asker gets a great answer and the opinion owner gets xp/a chance of winning something (if they get MHO often enough to be in the top list of the week or whatever it is)

• both lol those are 7 points dude

• I always say thanks. I don't feel obligated to but I just like to.

• I like saying thank you, I just think it's polite. But I do see your point. I think both should be thankful.

What Guys Said 9

• I say thanks for the mho sometimes I don't know but I see what you mean though. The asker and opinion giver are both thankful

• No one should care in the least.

• The asker should be thankful for the opinion itself, but the opinion owner should be for getting the award.

• the opinion owner

• Ya know, I've never thought of it that way. You got a good point there.

• I think option C makes most sense

• I always thought the people who thanked for mho were being a little goofy but, after reading some of the responses to this, I still do.

• my questions aren't for actual advice, just to hear who agrees with me and to hear other opinions.. i don't take this site serious as far as the points and xpers stuff..

• I also post a lot of questions just for fun, but some questions do need good advice.

I cared about the Xper points at first because I had to be level 2 to be able to include links in my posts and to be able to post more questions.

• i struggle not to visit fab guys once a day..