Why Do Traditionalists Run This Site?

There's a really strong tradionalist/conservative undertone to this entire site and I think we're all aware of it, but it's a little strange. I know several admins are staunch conservatives, I know a majority of the super moderators both male and female are virgins with very traditional values about sex and everything else. Sex outside of relationships is always seen as bad on this site. Girls confessing their sexual desires is always shamed mercilessly. How do I look is always an excuse to shame a hot girl or to tell a girl that's like 300 pounds that she's somehow beautiful and very desirable (this is discouraging anyone who'd actually have sex from having it while encouraging those who'd never have it anyway and so aren't anything to worry about for the conservative agenda.) Feminism is always likened to Nazism by both men and women (a take about it was featured as best of 2015.) Trump's name comes up more than Obama's or Clintons. And as someone who's written over 80 Takes I can safely say that conservative takes get featured at lightspeed while more rambuncitous ones take days. And it's all done in a super subtle way so that we don't figure out who's agenda is using this site as a vessel...

*Cue music from The Shining*

PLOT TWIST!!!

Why Do Traditionalists Run This Site?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG5aNAe_p1Y

^the specific Shining music I was cueing

Most Helpful Girl

• ;'))))))
    I've been noticing all the questions and takes that get pushed up to visibility. It's ridiculous how some of the most irrelevant questions are featured to make this site 'juicy' just because the site is about asking the other gender of the two most popular ones on Earth. It makes the site 'attractive' and 'eye catching'. It's like it's the beginning and the end of it. No evolution, no stand. And the real cries for help get buried and forgotten or it's a 'pain' to help people who actually need it.

p. s. somehow, upon cueing your music, my browser's audio crashed. Youtube is mute. As are other streams. *restart*

• oh that sux! it was just a normal youtube clip thats weird that happened...

• Why are you using Firefox? Get Chrome.

• meh. I have a lot of add-ons installed. Too used to it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen quite a bit of left wingers and my stances on things are rarely traditional yet I always have myTakes featured.
    Just look at the questions on abortion, religion, gay marriage and so on, the majority is left wing.
    However when it comes to challenging monogamy or other very traditional concepts a large majority sticks to the status quo.

What Girls Said 5

• I actually agree

I never saw my MyTake on HeForShe (a organization created by Emma Watson that intends to promote equality between men and women) be promoted.

I don't know the rules for something to be promoted, but I've seen worse MyTakes being promoted at the speed of light.

• What? Virgin super moderators? I can't think of a single one...

• lol yea im surprised by how conservative this site is too especially as it seems to me that it is mostly users from U. S or western countries and i thought people from there were really liberal.
    But i dont know about the how do i look posts which to me are mostly from normal looking white girls who look well enough and the men tell them they do, lol those are the only how do i look posts i see with few exceptions.
    But yeah sex outside of relationships is shamed by both men and women and i dont know why.

• At last someone who knows the sore yes i have been noticing a lot of what you say here and it's freaking ridiculous anything to keep the attention one rule for one another rule for another oh the hypocrisy.

• "I know a majority of the super moderators both male and female are virgins"

I'm laughing so much rn

• lol it's so widespread one would think it's a requirement

• Oh no I'm laughing at you, not them

What Guys Said 9

• I must admit I missed all that - There may be a touch of sexual conservatism but I think that is the nature of today's world, I definitely feel it is more conservative than when I was younger. I am not so sure on the social and political front, it is hard to tell because debates disintegrate so fast on here into arguments. I would say the liberal side is numerically stronger but conservative side more vocal thus given impression of leaning to the right.
    Anyone who knows my input to the site will know that my position is right down the middle feeling there is room for both sides once they engage with courtesy. In a healthy discussion forum I will expand on my views and listen to other points of view.
    It is hard to say if any bias on site is majority based, vocal loudness based or some inherent site control. Whatever it is I don't think it is a bad system and it is quite close to fair.
    Another suggestion I have is if you think there is a bias then become mods and admins yourself , try to introduce change from the inside rather than a much harder route from the outside.

• Well said... and hopefully I do that with my takes, but i wonder if i even belong on a site with an administration and a user base that is so conservative...

• Becoming a mod or admin doesn't mean leaving your beliefs outside, it gives you a chance to exert some influence

• That's life. That's how society works and thinks, not just this site.

"why is this site run by traditionalists?" what? that's like me asking "why is the Chinese government run by Asian people."

You're acting like being traditional is bad thing, what so good about being a non traditionalist? besides having sex with whoever you want to, spreading your legs and pulling down your pants, getting some AIDS and eating blue waffles for desert.

Oh? are we supposed to worship the very movement that tells men they're the cause of women's problems and that they are the dangerous and guilty monsters?

Takes, regardless of what they are, 'traditional' or not, as long as it is of great use, contains facts and learning materials and if it makes sense and is relateable, it would be featured. Pretty sure that's how the site works and how they select the material they bring out?

• i just don't think they should be a majority and that the overseers of the site should be so homogenous in their views

• To be fair, Obama and Clinton were mentioned on a near daily basis one year ago when I joined this site. It's only now when elections grow near that Trumps name is all over the place. It's got nothing to do with conservative undertones and everything to do with what the media and people at large are talking about. Hillary is talked about more than Obama right now and Trump is talked about most of all (mostly by people who hate him).

Totally agree about the "How I look" posts tho. If the girl is attractive a lot of people say "you know you're hot and just want attention" as if a pretty girl has never been insecure about he looks before. In my experience pretty girls are often more insecure in general than a girl who might be considered average looking. But girls who are less attractive just get a streamline of "you're beautiful" comments with no remnants of constructive criticism that could actually help her. I try to give that without coming across as a dick, but that's hard when all the other comments only talk about how amazing and perfect she is.

But if a girl asks if she's overweight and she really is, I'm going to say yes and here's how she can do it. I'm not gonna bullshit and say, "You're perfect! Don't ever change"

• Who knows, could be a lot of reasons for that.. for one, perhaps the majority of people
    agree with those principles, I don't really see the problem, as long as we get to be ourselves.

If someone else happened to "run this site", someone else would be complaining
    humans are a fascinating species.. always looking to be unhappy about something. ^.~

• if it were progressive round here I'd feel differently.

• Just demographics for the type of women that become the more loud and dominant voices on gag.

• Newsflash!

Traditionalists Run This World.

• Not while I still draw breathe!

• Don't hold your breath waiting for it to change: traditionalists have the money or hope to get it.

• I actually have an impression it's mostly ran by lefties and libtards.

• Feel free to start your own website, if you don't like how this one is run.

• I always thought it was a 13 year old girl from Tulsa, OK.