What would you do if the amazon gift card points went up?

When i joined I remember it being 4,000 then 5,000 then it jumped to 7,000. If the points were to jump to 9,000 in 2016 how would you feel?

I'm asking this because the last time the points went up some people considered quitting gag.

Most Helpful Guy

• Amazon Gift cards are not the primary motivator for using GaG. Users are motivated by a sense of ownership (of opinion) and acknowledgement (social interaction with peers).

So while the cost of Amazon Gift cards may increase, that's the cost of doing business. If someone is here for the money, that person is not fully utilizing his or her resources. Get a job or start a business. This is leisure.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd stay because I'm here to pass time and enjoy myself, not to earn money, but I admit I'd be very disappointed that GAG's owners would do that to its members.

What Guys Said 13

• Well GAG has to do what GAG has to do. But if they're going to increase the amount you have to have, it should be prospective. In other words, if somebody's sitting on 7,000 redeemable points right now (like I am), the current 7,000 amount should remain. Or maybe I should just hurry up already and send GAG an email to redeem the points. LOL

• don't give them any ideas, it already takes forever and a half just to get enough points for a stupid amazon card. one of these years i'll get to another 7,000 so i can cash in and check out of here for good.

• I cashed-in points only one time, which was April 2010, and at that time it took 3,000 points to obtain a $20 Amazon card. If the points are further devalued as you describe, I'll be forced to shorten my answers accordingly!

• lol!
      I never noticed it was 3,000 points. I guess that's because I never realized there was X-per points until about a year or so after I joined. When I redeemed it was 4,000.

• No surprise, that is how inflation works. I guess I should cash in my points soon.

• You should ! I remember had points sitting around for a while. When the points went up I could no longer redeem the card.

• Yeah, no point in letting them just sit there. I do kind of want that watch.

• Round up a posy of G@Gers and start robbing G@Ger's who are hording their Xper points @douride2, than once we have enough Xper points than we will hold the Admins hostage and demand they lower the price of G@G gift cards.

• Maybe it is my imagination but up to last price change the site seemed uber focused on Xper hunting, everyone knew all the tricks people could rack up hundreds in some cases thousands of points a day but since price change and rule changes I think site has returned to its Q&A roots while I was annoyed at first, I love the way the site is now.

• I think it's a bit sad, if you are here just for the gift card points...

• I'd make more people leave on here.

• I'm not sure if I'd quit but there definitely wouldn't be an incentive to enjoy the site any more.

• Don't really care much about the amazon cards. It's just a cherry on top.

• Slitting my wrists would be the most appropriate response

• I honestly don't care about them anymore. If it was worth more than 20 bucks, I might care.

• I don't really use this site for that but it's a nice add on and kinda sucks they went up. I remember from 2009 you could type super fast and get lots of free shiznit.

What Girls Said 6