Do you call out when other GAGers make generalizations?

I don't. I figure that if you don't know that not all (insert gender, age group, ethnicity here) act a certain way, then you're either an idiot or a troll. In other words, I assume that people have enough sense not to generalize entire populations even when their language suggests otherwise. Maybe I'm giving people too much credit.

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes. I can't tell the ones asking the questions like "Why are all women/men like this?" are seriously ignorant or trying to agitate others. Of course not everyone is the same, that seems like common knowledge but I have been surprised with people on the internet before.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't allow some generalization, we can't even converse.
    People love to hear something that is true for most members of a group, and find ONE person for whom it is not true, and say, "Therefore, everything you're saying doesn't exist."
    It's so illogical.

What Girls Said 5

• Of course i do, but not when i can sense theyre intelligent enough to know theyre not all the same. However, u are giving people credit. I've talked to a number of people who genuinely believe one entire group of people contains the same characteristic.

• Not usually. There are already plenty of other people who do that. I don't need to add to it.

• Sometimes, when I'm feeling like fighting over stupid shit

• Not often, and I don't usually use the word "generalization" if I do. I'm more likely to say "you know that not everyone is like that, right?" Or "that's not always the case." Or something to that effect.

• Some times I do depending on my mood.

What Guys Said 5

• i have called it out before, but it's not something i do often. i do think you're giving people too much credit however. i've seen some appalling generalizations made by people who were not trolling, but instead were just ignorant.

• Naw I dont care since I be the main 1 doing it on this site

PS @Justbanannaz hasn't caught me yet tho <3

• Yeah I think so I tend to remark something like that seems a stereotype or along those lines and give my reasons for thinking that way.

• I generalize LIKE CRAZY shit ain't changing my mind

• No... because all of the generalizations about women are true