Why do people still bother to report online users?

why bother small offenses like trolling when there are bigger things to report in real life? The only thing i bother to report are virus links. I used to report many offenses but just stopped since most of the time they won't get removed. It doesn't even stop people to keep doing it. Besides, the mods already have a lot to deal with it. As a mature user, i might as well just ignore any offensive or troll comments. Its not like it would affect anything in real life.

Think about it, how often have u reported a post and it actually gets removed? its about a 1% chance for it to get removed in my opinion.

i really dont get how some people are like "I dont care what people think about me. I just ignore them" and yet they bother to report everything they see.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I reported somebody who wanted to ban islam from being a legal religion and this loser mod said it wasn't a violation. I was glad when she left the site.

• true. I dont bother with reporting anymore.
      In the past i reported a lot of offensive comments but they never get removed.
      Nowadays i just dont care anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• Congratulations, you GET IT! You'll go far in life.

• yeah. I dont bother reporting anyone online anyway. If someone wants to violate the rules, just let them do it. It's their life and not mine. I can simply ignore any negativity online.

though i do always downvote those users. Reporting them just makes moderators busier. It's easy to spot a troll so i dont bother reporting them :)

• The world is a stage and most of the people on it are clowns!

• yup. True. *sigh* ... When will people ever learn...

What Girls Said 1

• I don't report anything because I just can't bother to

What Guys Said 5

• I report anything that I think is breaking the rules but I don't keep score - If it is removed or stays so be it - I probably report 3/4 times a day.

• Because it makes people feel like they have control over something when they report stupid little things.

• Because if they're lazy they're not going to bother making a new account and yay one less moron I have to deal with.

• im sure most trolls would bother to make more accounts if they have to (Its not even that hard to make a new account). Unless they block the IP address entirely then it reporting might be useful.

• Antagonistic comments get removed all the time.

• Your only mad because you can't get away with it. Ha!