What makes you to private message a person on GAG?

Is it a comment they wrote? And how often do you message someone new?

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be almost anything. Sometimes people ask me to message them. Sometimes I'm arguing with someone so much that the Asker gets pissed so I message them in private. Sometimes I'm commenting with someone so much that it turns into just a casual convo so I say "Well hell might as well message each other in private." So yeah.

Most Helpful Girl

• I probably PMed first only twice!
    One of them was because we interacted a lot on Questions and he caught my attention because he knew about my country Tunisia ( I mean, not gonna lie I was surprised that a 19 y/o man knew about us haha) and he said he had a GaG crush on me on one of the Games. So I was like HECK we've been interacting for ages and kind of flirty as-well, I'm curious about him! Then we became friends, and eventually confessed our love for each other! So I don't regret it at all haha <3

What Guys Said 22

• Often there are things that are a bit too personal to discuss in front of the world, such as our experiences with cancer in the family. Sometimes they have a question that they want me specifically to answer. And some are friends that I may spend hours with in conversation.

Every so often I will see something about someone, like maybe things that are similar to my life, and I will PM them to learn a bit more.

Could be for any of many reasons. but there are many on here that I converse with in PMs

• I have 14 messages in my inbox, all from women: Two were spam. Three were initiated by me once I joined the site because I wanted to probe the minds of some interesting females that I see giving tons of opinions and getting a lot of points. One was initiated by me just because I wanted to geek out at the fact that another person was from my hometown. One girl wanted me to talk dirty to her (on the 50 Shades of Gray side of the game), and the other seven were women asking for advice.

• I never PM anyone but I get random girls PMing me every so often and I never know what they want.

• I usually message people I've been talking to in the comments (or they start messaging me). Often it's just to have a more private place to continue and stop annoying the question asker lol.

I've messaged people before solely based on some stuff I read from them but those are rare.

• Yeah usually if in the public forum they talk about something interesting

• I dont really Pm anyone they PM me and I PM back

• I never do. They PM me because I either write an opinion they like or they read my profile and r instantly lured in. MUAHAHAHA THEY FALL FOR MY TRAP

• Often it's an intelligent or humorous comment they write that compels me to write to them. I enjoy learning about people and the lives they lead halfway across the world. Or to talk about movies/moviemaking.

• I never message someone unless its mentioned in comments or they do first. As a 40 year old male on here I feel like I need to set an example to the prevs who message everyone. haha

• I rarely message people on here but when I do it's because I have a question about something they said or I think she's really attractive

• i usually donĀ“t. only if they asked me to pm.

• Sometimes I like to creep on people ( if you see this I'm sorry lol ) or I like a user so I kick it up with him / her

• It depends. Mostly, it is based on how I feel if I feel like private messaging them.

• if they have something in common i'll PM them.

• I never pm someone first

• They private message me first.

• There is no rule as such... I PM someone when I feel like it, or when someone PMs me first

• Nothing, except for when I've written a response to them and then a question gets deleted.

• If they're hot...

• something private... which you don't want to be show others

• to get some ass

• I've never pmed anyone or been pmed. I feel left out :p

What Girls Said 15

• I very rarely ever PM anyone. If I do, it's because they asked me to or because they gave like a really, really awesome opinion and I wanted to say so privately.

• I haven't but if I did it'd be because we were talking on a post and either it was becoming too long or I thought they were a cool person and wanted to message them, etc

• I rarely do that. Once or twice I've done it to clear up confusion. But the only people I private message are my friends.

• I don't do that! hahah!

• I never have the people always message me. Usually seeking advice or trying to hit on me.

• I rarely do initiate it.
    When I know it s because the person is pretty interesting/knowledgeable/smartass/controversial in a good way etc...

• I only PMed one person first. After a brief encounter in comments. It was to send him a beard meme.

• I haven't messaged a lot of new people , I just message the ones I already "know" :P When I messaged them for the first time it was because I found them interesting/cool and I wanted to know more about them.

• Sometimes, it's because they pissed me off -.-. Mostly to talk more about personal stuff.

• Some times it's a comment other times it is something I would rather not put out there for the GAG population to see.

• They seem cool. I've only private messaged a few people on Gag.

• I don't, unless I'm messaged first. And I mostly only respond if I've seen them around.

• If I message someone, it's because I saw their question or comments and liked what they had to say. I have done this with quite a few people, but we do not keep in contact. I only talk to a small handful of people weekly, and maybe only 2 daily.

• Only if I deem them interesting.
    I think I've only done it once.

• U have never PMed anyone on GAG unless I was replying to their message.