What makes you upvote an opinion?

And what makes you downvote it? Cuz I have seen people do it like for no reason or because the opinion owner is attractive, also do you care about the upvotes / downvotes?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I think a opinion shows wisdom and insight into a matter I tend to upvote it. In some cases I'd also upvote if the person said something clever or funny.

I downvote if the person is attacking someone or a group of people in a disrespectful manner OR when a opinion is of no help whatsoever and is just basically the person wanting Xper points while doing minimal effort.

Most Helpful Guy

• I rarely downvote unless it is personally abusive to someone - Upvote anything that took a lot of thought or effort.

What Girls Said 3

• Some people do. Some people want to get their kicks off this site. It's just society at it's best. Upvoting an opinion is basically saying Hey this is a good answer, I like it. And Downvoting is saying, this comment was shit. And personally, I don't care but you get points for it so, It does something, I guess.

• I don't really care. I up vote if I like the advice and downvote if I don't. Although, there are some people I don't like and I just downvote them no matter what they say. Idiots.

• i upvote if i like the opinion.

What Guys Said 4

• I tend to up vote most opinions on my posts. Unless the opinion is totally idiotic. If someone has taken the time to post an opinion on my question. Then I like to give them an Xper point just for the hell of it.

• I upvote the ones I find funny or who make a good point. And I downvote the ones that I 100% disagree with. I try to avoid giving downvotes because I like to be a nice person haha
    And when I get more than 3 upvotes it makes me feel smart c:

• Either I upvote it because I really agree with it or they are someone whom I follow in which case I always try to upvote.

• Actually... i have yet do up or down vote anything on this website. Never saw any need to.