Why do random guys on GaG message and ask personal info?

They will ask my name , the name of the place I work and if they can have my email or phone number? Obviously I never give them the info

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a lot of odd people around. Some girls just give this stuff out and they shouldn't. I have had creepy girls on this site that PM me something with their email address when I have never spoken to them, sent them a message or even knew they existed and this is the very first message they send. So I guess those creepy girls makes some guys think they will be able to get women like you to send your email to. Ignoring it is best, block them if you have to.

• Yeah, that's the same in my case. I have never seen them on GaG or even had a convo but their first message will be to ask for personal info. I just block them. Thanks!

• Welcome! Thanks for your advice it's much appreciated

• No problem, you are welcome.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• Hello.. You can set your messaging preferences on your profile/settings page. Please check the user menu on the top right for "Settings" link.

• XD 'trying to pick up, I don't know

Would you give your first name only though? I usually ask for people's first name :o

• Not when a guy sends a message asking my name when I've never spoken to him before. Why would I do that? Especially online. It's weird asking my name when I've never had a convo. This'll be in the very first message they send

• Yea I get that xD
      that makes sense

• Thanks!

• There are a lot of weird people everywhere. Just ignore them like you do.

• That is strange alright - I find the whole random PM thing weird - It doesn't even seem to be romantic intentions but more creepy and hopefully I am a non creep so my response is "Why?"

• I dunno, but that would be cool if a girl did that to me. Why can't girls be more forward...

• they trying go get "Close Friends" you know

• you're a women thats how it goes

• Maybe they find you super attractive? or some 12 year olds that are trolling you...

• Give me your number? Jk they're probably teenagers looking for action

• No, they are generally guys who are aged 24 andover

• their* on first sentence

• Yeah that's why I never give personal info. You never know how genuine people are online

What Girls Said 5

• I don't give anyone I don't trust my info! Wtf!

• Really? x_x
    I usually just get asked sexual questions by creepy pervs.

• No boundaries. Gross. Keep on ignoring them.

• it is there way of befriending someone which obviously won't work

• Welcome to gag.. You'll learn to ignore them