Are you for or against a chat room feature on GAG?

Hello, I was wondering what people think about the idea of creating a feature that will allow all GAG users to join a chat room. No longer need to message each other and wait the response of the other person.

A chat room that will allow instant messaging. ;)

• Supporting the idea of a chat room
  • Against the idea of a chat room

Most Helpful Girl

• We used to have an IM feature when I first started.

It was good for some people, but bad for others. The problem is, sometimes you would get 4 people messaging you at a time either wanting to sex chat or answer their questions. There was no way to opt out or sign out of that feature. If you were logged onto GAG you were logged onto the IM.

That made it really hard to enjoy the site because some people would harass you or send you unwanted messages or get upset if you weren't answering them fast enough.

I'll be honest, I was glad to see the chat go. It was just a lot of headaches I'm sure for moderators of the site who were possibly having to deal with reported people.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am neutral about the idea - I can see the pros for groups of friends but I feel that if people stayed in the chat rooms too much and away from public forum then newbies may not get full benefit of meeting people on site as I would think a lot of the main chat room users would be the most friendly active users on public forum.

What Girls Said 13

• I feel like it would have to be heavily moderated to be tolerable and I'm not sure the admins are into that sort of thing since they're already loose with the rules.

• Well I'm not sure about all the users at once but they did have one in the past when you could IM people individually

Isn't what you're recommending basically like us commenting? I mean the main purpose is suppose to be about the question but it's usually not and multiple people usually have full blown conversations.

• I make allusion to a chat room where everyone can write messages instantly.
      It will involve many Users at the same time, but it will need some strict moderation to make it decent

• Well I would like it! (:

• I support it. I probably wouldn't really use it myself, but I think it'd be good for other users.

• The creepers sending creepy PMs is bad enough already. Don't give them another feature to abuse.

• Thank you for your answer. :)
      If you are getting many messages from undesired people, and want to stop that I suggest you to tick in your settings options "Allow messages only from people I follow".
      Thus, you will only receive messages from people that you follow.

• I seriously doubt that. Instant messaging is by nature more difficult to keep track of.

• Thank you for your feedback :)

• I'm indifferent. Even if that feature was implemented, I doubt I'll use it

• Yes please!

• I like the idea very much, you have my support :D

• So long as it doesn't include pictures, because I'm sure some attention whore is going to post pictures of themselves or their genitals if it does.

• Not sure how I feel about it.. Give me more details

• It is only an idea. I believe that it should be a place that all GaG users can join and chat to each other. Surely, there will be some restrictions so it won't be a mess.
      Yet, I can not provide more details about it.

• Thank you for your reply :)

• You Welcome

• I might use if until all the weirdos started being their usual scary self on here and ruin it.

• Thank you for your reply :)
      As I said in other comments, there will be some restrictions to avoid such unpleasant situation.

• Umm you are talking as though you're an admin of GAG but you're just a user of it.

• I'm sorry that I gave you this impression. I am not at all an admin of Gag, I just have sometimes the tendency to use "we" too often.

• I'm in the middle on this one. It would be nice if GAG had a decent IM.

• Sure why not? If most people want it, then who am I to say no to them? :p
    That doesn't mean I will use it though.

• If such a thing becomes official, you may change your mind ;)
      Nevertheless, thank you for your reply :)

What Guys Said 12

• A chat room will attract an undesirable element of hormone-driven motor mouths and encourage a lack of unspoken thoughts. We had a chat room for a prolonged period in the past, and it proved to be an abysmal failure. Just sayin.

• I see, thank you for your response :)

• Really? How so?

• It was simply filled with testosterone-driven babbling 24-hours a day, much like the millions of other chat rooms plaguing the web, which was a constant headache for Administration. The purpose if this site as I see it, is to provide a place for people of all ages and locations to ask and respond to questions, and generally promote the overall literacy level of the participants.

• I'm against it. It would just result in a lot of spamming, and passing around of dick/boob pics.

• Thank you for your opinion.
      If that's the real issue, then I believe we can limit the access like having a certain Xper level, and moderators that will prevent spamming, and unwanted pictures. I'm sure that there are other ways to limit the access, and to make it a safe place.

• I'm glad that I've been able to make you change your mind ;)

• Yup! You certainly did! :)

• It's an excellent idea, I support it :)

• there used to be one.

• I've heard about it, and it did not work well as what I've been told.
      Nevertheless, I believe that there are some ways to make it work.

• I do not have much informations about it unfortunately. Probably there was people that was spamming, or sending undesired pictures.

• that was the glory days of gag. now its a shell of its former self.

• Its not something I would use but there are people who wants IM so why not.

• its gonna ruin G@G cause first it will be chat rooms, than it will be webcams, than it'll be a bunch of people masturbating on screen keep it the way it is

• I would really like that

• It would probably just turn into a massive circle jerk but I support it

• As long as trolls don't take over.

• I like it as it is so I'm against it I guess.

• can i post anonymously in it?

• I believe that such a thing won't be allowed, and it shouldn't for simply one reason.
      It will become a mess. Many people will connect under anonymous "profile" and they will probably spam, and stuffs that do not stick to the rules of a decent chatroom.

• if no anonymous chatting then i wouldn't use it. lol

• Haha, well thank you for your reply :)

• I type too slowly for a chat.
    signed,
    The two finger typist.

• It's not a big deal I guess, no need to be a fast typer :)

• I started using a mainframe when I was 18

• I do not remember well when I started to use computers, however I'm sure that it was more earlier than the age 18. I was probably 14 something around that age.