Does anyone else feel we should be able to edit takes after posting them?

This happens to me occasionally: I will hyper edit all of my work, but sometimes things get past me. I just posted a take - and I don't know if people do this too or not - but when I intend to link something like a past take or question for reference I will simply type out a ______ to identify where I need to post the link, as I write everything in word, not actually on G@G. It kills me when I miss things and post it because I can't correct it. Needless to say I've done this recently. Lol.

So how any of you think you should at least be able to edit takes after posting them? If they really insist on keeping the no deleting stuff in tact that's fine, but I think you should at least be able to edit stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• My only concern would be a time limit of before first comment because - Extreme example you write a take and I agree with it so I write a comment praising it but then you edit it changing whole viewpoint and it still looks like I agree with you.

• Then you would need to notify everyone who commented before the edit and give them an opportunity to remove their opinions. What if you had made one of those opinions the MHO before the edit?

• Thanks for MHG

What Guys Said 9

• We have this feature in our road map: Editors ability to edit their own myTakes. We'll have more new features for Editors. Thanks for the feedback..

• Yes we should and I have once propositioned an idea on how to do it in a way that won't allow trolls to abuse the system. Just color the word or words edited so that people would be able to tell whether it was jut one word that the writer had a mistake in or did they rewrite the entire thing. And admins or whomever should be able to see the original and approve of the edit.

• There are some potential problems with editing, but I like the concept!

• If they fear that its open to abuse make it an "editor" only feature.
    Any edits/additions could be placed in a labeled textbox of some sorts to avoid confusion.

A little silly really. =/

• at least before they become featured yes, or we should be able to delete them if you regret them in the end.
    This site is sometimes to protective off its content rather then its users.

• Well I agree to that and also for maybe a few days or even hours to be able to edit a comment on a question that I posted on as I did not read this one post right and gave an opinion that made me feel very stupid.. and what I did not like the most was that I could not edit it once it was posted.. this is not a huge deal but just saying that option would be nice

• Some sites allow to edit a post in the first hour after you posted it... maybe that would not be a bad idea.
    Though the problem is: when someone has already commented it's weird when you can change the question afterwards.
    You would than need a tool that removes the opinions in such case and notifies the people they could post a new opinion.
    I guess I know now why GAG does not allow posts to be altered :D

• I agree. As the owner of the MyTake, at the very least I should be able to edit it and sometimes there's also a need to update the content, so I think its unfair we can't do that here.

• No, you can review/preview them before you publish it, and there is the update button also to update your post, add things to it.

What Girls Said 3

• I agree with you. I think you should be allowed to edit myTakes. I would like to edit my opinions or comments at times for the same reason, but oh well, haha.

• Yes I do! But I doubt I would do that! haha! i am too lazy!

• I agree. Misspelling and typo's drive me crazy. We should be able to edit.