Does the country matter for Amazon gift cards?

I have never used Amazon.. EVER! And I saw we could redeem our Xper points for gift cards on amazon
(country UK? CA? FR? Etc...)
Does country matter for those gift cards to work?

Most Helpful Girl

• It matters if you don't live in one of those countries because then, you just have to make sure that the Amazon store you choose ships to your country. It will also impact the costs of items for shipping outside of that country. That's really the only things that matters though when choosing which Amazon store you want your gift card for. I know that the United States Amazon ships to many countries.

• I see

The codes suggested are (USA, UK, CA, DE, FR
      those aren't all of them, right?

• Even if you live in one of those countries , Amazon doesn't ship to all countries: Amazon isn't a shop but a market, a bazaar. The suppliers chose to which countries they ship.

• Yes I noticed :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you have to specify which one you need the gift card for.

What Girls Said 2

• As long as they ship to your country then you should be fine. They don't ship everywhere

• I don't believe so, you just have to select which one works for your country so you can use it.

What Guys Said 2

• It's different for each product.
    Take a few items and verify their prices. Germany tends to be a bit more expensive sometimes. The UK appliances will come with UK cords, importing from the US can be expensive and most is 110 volts there, with US cords.
    France and the UK don't always send to your country.

• I am fairly sure it is a shipping issue check which store ships to your country.