Do you think G@G should bring back the option to filter the feed by age category?

• Yes
  • No
Based on the fact that the average 18-21 year old will have little interest in my questions and vice versa, I find it annoying that G@G took the ability to filter the feed by age away.
Bump

Most Helpful Guy

• I liked that feature when they had it. If I asked a question it was much more likely that I would get a helpful response since the majority who answered where in my age range and had the same difficulties. I don't answer as much as I used to due to the repetitive nature of questions by the younger crowd. But it is what it is.

Most Helpful Girl

• With out a doubt it should be brought back. I'm tired of sifting through the mounds of repetitive under age & how do I look questions.

• -Girls, what penis size do you prefer?
      -How can I tell if my crush likes me?
      -Who's your favourite G@Ger?
      -Generic racist question, from a sheltered person who has never left their home town and can't understand why most people don't exclude potential partners based on race

What Guys Said 14

• I absolutely miss it

• I liked that feature... that way you could target the age group you feel would know more about your topic and could relate best from their life experience and provide a more helpful opinion.

I am not knocking any of the younger people on here, because some of them provide some excellent advice/opinions, and have helped me out from time to time... but if you had a specific question that you wanted say a younger crowd to address then you could ask. Similarly, if you wanted to hear from someone in there 30's or older, you could!

What is really unfortunate about this website are some of the older creepy guys on here make it really difficult for some of us older straight-up dudes to try and help the younger crowd. The site is not meant to hit-on or pickup women or men, it is suppose to help them understand why their boyfriend or girlfriend does something because we have been there and done that or had it done to us.

I like the idea of bring back the option to filter by age groups.

• I'll be tempted to delete my account if they don't bring it back. They've really made the site a really terrible experience for older users by getting rid of it. It takes too much time to scroll through screeds of irrelevant teen questions in order to find questions asked by older people now.
      It also makes you feel way more outnumbered/alienated on the site as someone over 25, now that you can't easily locate questions asked by people in your own age group, who are vastly outnumbered by the under 25s on the unfiltered feed.
      Who knows? Maybe G@G wants to turn this into an entirely teen/early 20s site and push the older users out, and this is how they are going about it.

• It definitely has become a young persons website. I don't mind hearing from the younger community, it is kind of interesting to stay somewhat tapped into the younger crowd these days so I can learn what my daughter is potentially thinking. However, I could do without the popularity questions etc., I think it detracts from the sites true use and bogs it down.

• yeah i don't really want to address under 18ers on here it's weird

• I say no, bad for business.

This site has made changes here over the past 2-3 years to be more social media-like, and to appeal to teens (hence the minimum age dropping from age 16 to 13).

To keep it #100 , I believe this site's business transition is why the age filter was removed. Can't do move to alienate your primary fan base.

• How does an age filter alienate teens? Presumably, they come on here to get responses from other teens.

• In my experience, younger users often don't want advice, most of them just want to rant when you try and give constructive advice based on your own life experience.

G@G used to be a place where I could get good answers from people near enough my own age, and answer questions posed by people of a similar age (whose problems I could more directly relate to), now it's a feed of 90% innane rate me/does my crush like me/penis length questions posed by people under 21.

• I've been here 6 years so I know about the cultural shift you're referring to. This is what happens when an entity goes from underground to mainstream! :-/

• I do admit, the 30-35 questions were far more mature than the typical "will my boyfriend hate my asymmetrical breasts" kind of questions. I never really understood the appeal of removing features.

• I'd rather they offer free snacks on Fridays and install a "Leave-A-Penny-Take-A-Penny" jar.

• It could be a case of the questions we are interested in but I find that I can find a gem of a question or opinion from any gender, age group, race etc so I don't use any filter at all apart from topics.

• There are few younger G@Gers who have a maturity beyond their years, but they are rare. I do sometimes try to help younger men with advice on how to do better with women, but the majority of young male G@Gers on here often don't want help, they just want to whine about how it's not fair that they got friend zoned.

I also find it painful to read questions by many young female G@gers. Usually, a girl asking if she can get a guy who clearly just wants her for sex to commit. I was that naive once, too, and I wish I'd had advice on how to spot dickheads at that age.

I have tried to help by telling these girls to cut their losses, and explained that as someone who has dated since 2002 I have never once experienced a guy who said "I don't want anything serious/I'm not ready for a relationship" (or similar) change his mind. They don't listen and just post back with some deluded nonsense: "Yeah, but my situation is different. He really likes me because he texts me at least once a week".

• I apologise if that was a bit ranty, but I often feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall when I respond to younger G@Gers' questions. It sounds like you've had a better experience.
      Personally, I'd rather stick with answering 30+ dilemmas, such as "How can I stop my mistress from telling my wife" haha.

• You will find many trolls around your age or older if you judge good advice based off age you will see your self coming back on here begging to take away the age filter.

• Being older isn't a 100% guarantee of good advice but all the trolls I have had to deal with on this site have been men aged 18-27, whereas the best advice I have recieved has been from men over 30. I am begging for the age filter back as my G@G experience has been poorer since they took it away.

• You should meet jaclaquev he is like 67 on here and a troll.

• Nein, but I do miss that features yeah.

• Not at all. I'm not interested in dumb teen questions, so I shouldn't be limited to dumb teen questions. If I try to post a serious question people will just filter out my age category and not see it.

• The age filter allowed you to pick to see the questions of only a given age-group, for example you were able to select to see only questions that were asked by people of ages 30-35, or 25-29, or 36-45, or 45+...

• Ehhh... well, that's harsh. I do admit I take under-18 with a grain of salt because I remember back when I was 15-16 I used to think I know everything and 5 years later I realized that none of what I believed made any sense, BUT I tend to agree with you on most subjects so who knows! Maybe some people just aren't as oblivious as I used to be back then at the same age :P

• Well i dont think age should be a way to choose what questions you see.. you maybe can help others having more experience and maybe if you want know something about how new generations think you can ask too...

• I'm not sure if I would use it but I think it would be a nice addition

• Don't care never used it anyways

• That's because you're in the majority age range for G@G, 18-24, so most of the feed is from people your own age. If, like me, you are older, it's a pain in the backside to have to scroll through loads of teenage/early 20s questions, when previously you could filter them out.

• definitely

What Girls Said 8

• I really don't care about high school drama.

• I'm really divided on it. It's harder for the pervs to focus on the teens and it's more likely an adult will peek in on their posts but it's also harder to find things I want.

• As an older G@G user, which puts me in a minority, I really preferred being able to easily find questions by people in my own age range, now I have to scroll through a feed which is 70% questions by teens/early 20s.

• Oh I totally get that. That's how I used to browse too.

• It was cool back in the day! But I bet there aren't many old folks here! Mostly teen! One of the older gag memeber said this website use to be mostly adults and not made for teens.

• There's actually a decent number of people in their 30s on G@G, but since they are outnumbered by teens and 20s it's harder to find their posts than it was back when you could filter.

• I nearly always end up giving the MHO to guys above 30, when I ask guy focused question and the guys above 40 tend to be the most helpful of all.
      I get fewer responses from people my own age than before they removed the filter and while I am always grateful for a response, the opinion of a 20 year old guy is rarely going to be helpful when I tend to date men 35 and above.

• I agree older folks have better advice! I give silly understand sometime cuz I have no clue! hahaha! So yeah its understandable!

• Learn to read faster. #efficiencyftw

• No because I wouldn't have met many of the older people I enjoy talking to and learning from. @KDA20 and @redeyemindtricks are extremely interesting people.

• Yeah, I miss that feature.

• Yes filtering by age would be nice.

• What!!! Imagine that you are 13 years old and is not able to answer any of the questions becuase of a STUPID BUTTON

• The age filter didn't work like that. People of all age groups could see all the posts, it was just another way that you could browse posts, so if you had a preference for only answering questions from a certain age groups you could click on the feed to only show age 25-30, for example.
      It worked in the same way that you can filter the feed by topic. So if you currently click "breakups/divorce" on G@G, under topics, instead of showing you all the questions, the feed will only show you questions on that topic.

• oh...