Why are people under 18, allowed on here?

I've seen some things that, well, shouldn't be viewed by under 18'd people, on here. So, why are they allowed on here?

Most Helpful Girl

• GaG doesn't classify the site as an 'adult website'. that's why, which is also why there are mods who try to keep the site as 'clean' as possible, for lack of a better word.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a big supporter of the under 18s on the site but there are lots of times I go that is not right. For things like this to work there would have to be stringent user verification and the fussier the site becomes the less attractive it becomes. So if there was a perfect world I would have an age restriction on the Sexual Behaviour topic and some sort of age rules/guidelines in the How Do I look topic. If the site goes definitely over 18 it could slide onto the slippery slope to sleazy.
    In conclusion my view is present status quo is not perfect but it is probably the best of the options available.

What Girls Said 1

• People lie about their age on the internet all the time. Whether they allow under 18 or not, it happens.
    The best we can do is just hide the extremely explicit content.

What Guys Said 6

• I think the age limit here is minimum 13 years, plus this isn't an adult site as such so one need not be 18 to become a member.

• Because like it or not teenagers under 18 date and have sex. They ask questions here that they are probably too embarrassed to ask their family. It's better they get advice about these things rather than going out and having sex without any knowledge.
    Plus it's not like there's porn on here. I'm pretty sure teens 13+ know what sex is

• Because gag hasn't had a law suit yet.

• Because Internet is a free place. And it was the people here who posted those things, not the developers.

• Because it is useless to restrain internet.

• People under 18
    -are sometimes already doing more things than you think about.
    -have a lot of things to learn, a lot of questions to ask. Some of the answers are *needed*.
    -aren't using kids tablets with parental control. I don't feel the need to function as parental control. Do you?