I can't block anonymous?

I'm trying to block a anonymous user but it doesn't give me the option to block? Is it even possible to block anonymous users?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can only block anonymous users on specific posts, not entirely. In order to block them completely you'll need to be aware of their identity.

Most Helpful Guy

• I should go anonymous and try to block you! No just kidding, really just ignore their posts and move on. I think maybe you could report their posts to the admins as well..

What Girls Said 4

• To block an anonymous user, you just have to hover over where it says "Anonymous" and you should see a pop-up that will give you the option to block the user for that post only.

• Hm guess I need to go on my laptop then since my phone isn't giving me that option.

• yes I tapped on it but no options came ^^

• Which page are you trying to do this on? You can private message me the details if you like so I can make sure it's not a site issue or if it's a glitch of some sort.

• I tried blocking an annoying anon today. It seems like GAG has discontinued that feature as it wouldn't work.

• It would seem I'm wrong you still can block an anon for a singe time. Just hover your pointer over the anon then click block.

• Ye I figured that out by now ^^.

• Mayb you should log off the site for a while. You should let what another poster is doing affect you. I'm sure the site admins will take action. Why not just report the post?

• no i dont think so

What Guys Said 5

• I think you are getting confused as @xhoneyxbeex says it is only for that post - If you block them it is only on that question it is not a like a normal block where they are removed from your question feed. I assume you are talking about the people who ask the same question 5 times a day every day - They will still appear on your feed,

• To block a person entirely you have to know who the person is.

• No you can't block an annon user. I sure wish we could

• No, I don't think you can block an anonymous user.

• I just wish someone you blocked dissapeared entirely, meaning you did'nt have to see them at all anymore :|