Why are offensive/annoying/stupid questions/takes more popular?

I've noticed this for being on gag for almost a year now. That if you talk about something that will get peoples panties in a bunch. You get more opinions, replies, etc. Is it just because people like to put the person down and yell at them? Though when that person asks it they are doing it on purpose to piss people off/annoy. That or is it that they get so upset they reply without thinking it through? I mean if most people just care about the stupid/annoying/stupid stuff. That's kind of unfair to people who truly need an honest answer.

Though I know this isn't just a gag thing. Any where on the internet proves this as well. People just seem to care more about the stupid things.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I also think the sex questions get more attention too, I don't even ask sex questions but I noticed that my questions get overshadowed by someone asking how to do a bj or a girl who tells gag her entire sex routine once a week

What Guys Said 12

• I think subconsciously a lot of people like the drama of controversial topics why else are the often repeated and responded to.

• those posts draw more attention because they are /stupid/funny/simple to answer.

• Its' a good question, even I don't understand why it happens like that.

• I think they just get peoples backs up and others have to comment. I know I do lol, I see a stupid question and tell myself not to comment and then end up doing it :-)

• People want to disprove you on things they feel strong about if they disagree with you.

• Spectacle sells.

• It's as you said. It's also the issue of the immature being the noisiest.

Take a mature person and take an immature one, give them an irritating stimulus. The mature person will deal with it, the immature person may whine or act out expressively.

• Just human nature.

• All those Feminist MyTakes piss me off.

• cos it's fun.

• I think a lot of people on this site are well meaning people

• Because world is stupid. The world is getting dumber.

What Girls Said 3

• The same reason why most people watch fake, dramatic, ghetto, etc TV shows about peoples lives than good wholesome family shows.

It's simply because it's more interesting and it draws them in. I definitely jump at these questions and have to leave my two cents however I drfinately still give advice and try to help people that actually need it.

• Because that's exactly how the world works.

The world.

The whole wide world of people, on planet Earth.

• Click bait sometimes. They post those things because they know many will click and respond to it. I've seen it on other sites as well. Other times it can be so stupid, it's easy to answer lol. Maybe the ones that make those posts like all the attention, even if it's negative.