Do you believe gag is one of the smarter sections on the internet?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• No way, quite the opposite actually.

• So we are on par with 4chan?

• @FakeName123 Yay, at least they like animals xD That's what matters.

• @FakeName123 hahahagah sure tell that to /b/
      fine, people going no-where in life, and calling each other fat autistic weeaboos.

• Nah lol. Not by a long shot. But that actually can be a good thing. With a lot of smart people, it can get boring or become an ego trip quick. There are a good mix of people here and the mean trolls are vastly outnumbered. Compared to a lot of other sites, there feels like more freedom to speak our minds on here.

• Yes of course

• My favorite color is so totally glitter.

• It's more like friend advice about practical daily matters. There are fewer trolls and seems to be more respectful behavior than some sites. I appreciate it.

• It's probably the most retarded section of the internet. Up there with thatsphucked. com

• I don't think so because it's not a scientific or educational forum for professional, but there are users who post intelligent opinions and takes.

LOL!! Glitter is my favorite color 😂😂

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    that's really funny

• Fuck no.

*

• I just use this place for sex questions

• Lol, no. If it's one of the smarter sections on the internet, I'd hate to see what the dumber ones are like.

What Guys Said 18

• No. GAG isn't a site that requires intelligence or smarts. It's primarily a Sex Ed and Relationship site both of which only require personal experience or at least possess the trait of being observational. While this site may excel in giving out sexual advice, it falls behind big time in other intellectually demanding fields such as math, history, sociology, geography, science, politics, engineering, technology and etc.

Sites like Quora, and some subsections of Reddit are by far one of the more intelligent sites, and you can sense it in how knowledgeable many of the members are on various topics. This site is no more intelligent then your average forum/site.

• It is intelligent though as it gives more thoughtful answers than you would recieve normally regarding relationships, sex, gender orientation, basically most social dynamics you won't see very much of on other sites.

• The subject matter doesn't require much by way of intelligence, mostly knowledge from experience. Personal experience is hard to falsify and it's not very rigorous.

On the other hand, a forum like Reddit has niche categories that are constantly patrolled by "experts", who will shoot down your hot air balloon in five seconds. I'd say niche forums and Reddit are smarter communities than GaG. This site is near the bottom.

• And at the same time, one of the dumbest.

• Well there are obvious sites, like maybe a site for professional quantum physicists.

But at sites for the general population, some of the smartest people I've met on the internet are actually gamers. Some of those strategists and tacticians are way up there. That's especially true for strategy games with a lot of depth. I've met several gamers who were high level chess players for example.

This site is a mix. The type of questions and answers here don't really give much feel for someone's intelligence.

• Being smart is relative to the type of smart you deem as intelligent. However you could have a quantum physicist that is brilliant in his field but his emotional intellect is entirely lacking compared to the average person.

• GaG used to be a few years ago, now this site is mainstream and the intellectual level of this site has plummeted.

• There are users on GaG who definitely raise the bar especially with some well thought out takes

• There are some pretty stupid people on here.
    The sorta people who'd try and heat a spoon for ice-cream in the microwave.

• Bunch of them idiots, peverted and creeps online in gag, so I highly disagree

• I can agree with that however in terms of social dynamics and a broad spectrum of behavioral intelligence do you believe gag offers good advice? Meaning it could be considered intelligent?

• I think it's one of the more redundant, not really smarter though.

At least there is information passed back and forth and people get some assistance at times.

• that's funny. not even close

• No. I'd say that Gag is 80% retard.

• Relatively speaking yes it is. If compared to memecenter for instance then yeah. I would say it's kind of average. Not going into really intellectual topics but not into super stupid topics either (most of the time). Mediocre I would say.

• no its defo not

• Not smarter, but more practical.

• It has it's moments but has dozens of flaws.

• No. A lot of people here couldn't form a coherent sentence to save their life, and some of the questions I see asked rival Yahoo Answers in pure inanity.

• nope, not at all.

• If you removed those from the US then more than likely.